Senior Developer/Gannett Imaging & Ad Design Center/McLean, VA
Gannett Imaging & Ad Design Center
part of the USA TODAY NETWORK
based in McLean, VA
We’re looking for an experienced and passionate front-end developer to develop innovative advertising experiences for 110+ national and local digital properties, including USATODAY.com. You’ll work closely with a cross platform team of developers, designers and project managers to build high impact ad executions and custom pages across desktop, mobile web and native iOS/Android app platforms.
What you’ll do:
- Work with a cross functional team (we stay in touch on Slack).
- Balance multiple projects simultaneously (we use Trello & JIRA).
- Meet deadlines and commitments.
- Troubleshoot when things don’t work.
- Keep Project Managers up to date on your progress and allow them to manage your workload.
- Take a PSD, mock or concept and turn it into a working experience.
- Push code! Our sprints are short and your work will be live on our platforms in weeks – or sometimes days.
- Create for desktop, mobile web, iOS and Android apps.
- Expertise with HTML5 and CSS3, css transforms/animations and responsive design.
- Experience working with APIs and JSON.
- Thorough knowledge of design tools including Photoshop and Illustrator.
- You meet deadlines, prioritize work and communicate both progress and roadblocks.
- You’re a self-starter who is resourceful and comfortable with minimal supervision.
- You thrive in a team environment.
- You’re flexible and are open to feedback and last minute requests.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science preferred) or relevant work experience.
- 2-4 years as a front end developer.
- Creative agency experience
- Working knowledge of ad serving/ad tracking technology (DFP/DFA preferred)
- Google Publisher Tag experience
Back to top