Come join Gannett, a top global digital media and Fortune 500 company, which reaches more than 109 million people monthly through a powerful network of broadcast, mobile and publishing
properties. Gannett Digital leads development and innovation around digital publishing products across the company. Our goal is to re-imagine our traditional medial roots – we do this by creating innovative products and services that build upon our unique role as an information provider spanning more than 100 national and local news sources.
Gannett Digital is seeking a Senior Software Developer to join our Presto CMS team focused on new initiatives for Gannett’s media outlets. The Presto CMS Development team implements a world-class enterprise content management system across Gannett Digital and is the foundation upon which all Gannett content is created.
Technologies and Disciplines
The Gannett Platform is a polyglot environment utilizing a number of technologies:
- Data: REST API’s interacting with Couchbase, Solr, RabbitMQ
- CI: Jenkins and Team City
We use GitHub for source control with a GitHub Flow code review and merge protocol. We aim for comprehensive unit and integration test coverage (using Mocha), and follow Agile process methods, with defined sprints.
As a Senior Developer, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Analyze, design, and coordinate the development of a world-class content management system and downstream APIs including hands on implementation, testing, review, and documentation
- Work with stakeholders during the requirement gathering and acceptance testing process
- Troubleshoot operations issues as required
- Integrate internal as well as third-party web services and components
- Consistently follow and continue to help improve our processes including source
control, deployment and issue tracking
- Document solutions to institutionalize knowledge for the development, operational,
support, and end user communities
A Senior Developer is expected to work effectively as an autonomous member of our team. As such we are looking for:
- Minimum 5 years web development and integration experience
APIs, NoSQL Databases, Messaging Queue Systems
- Demonstrated professional development experience developing and consuming APIs
and web services
- Experience with data driven systems with a solid understanding of database structures,
queries and search
- Experience debugging and analyzing issues in a complex, service orientated environment
- Practical knowledge of software development methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree expected in a technical discipline, but compensating experience may be considered.
We’d be delighted if you also had experience with any of the following:
- JIRA and Confluence
- Build automation
- Automated test tools
- Developing and deploying applications hosted in AWS or similar cloud environments
- Working with and developing for media related web sites
We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top