Senior Data Quality Engineer
Come join Gannett and the USA TODAY Network, a top 20 U.S. digital media company reaching more than 112 million people monthly through a powerful network of publishing properties, including USA TODAY. Our goal is to re-imagine our traditional media roots. We do this by creating innovative products and services that build upon our unique role as an information provider spanning more than 100 national and local news sources.
The USA TODAY NETWORK is seeking a full-time Senior Data Quality Engineer to work on our Data Solutions team in McLean, VA.
You’re that unique individual who understands quality, data, and automation. You have a penchant for statistics and how that helps see patterns and anomalies. You’re slightly compulsive when it comes to quality and cleanliness of data, and you know how to analyze it as a stream, not just as a stagnant bucket. You’ve long since realized that to do this you need to automate as many processes as possible. This is the position you’re looking for: Gannett is seeking a Senior Data Quality Engineer to aid in the ongoing development of a single company wide data warehouse environment, working within our larger Data Solutions department. In this position you will be able to make an impact on the availability and use of data instrumental to the efficient operation of one of the largest news companies in the world.
● Working with existing QA team, improve and automate current processes
● Develop new automation scripts to ensure completion of scheduled ETL jobs as well as data correctness, capture anomalies and help troubleshoot root causes
● Perform application support as needed with help from larger team
● Work as an advanced contributor to the Data Warehouse team, with supervision but leeway to operate independently
● Collaborate with Hadoop-based Data Platform team to streamline data quality processes across environments
● Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/Computer Science
● 5+ years of growing responsibility around quality assurance using automation tools
● Expert SQL skills
● Strong scripting skills (PowerShell, python, or similar) and familiarity and comfort with automation tools
● Knowledge of and some experience with non-Microsoft database and analytical solutions
● Excellent communication skills
● Agile work environment experience
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar, or equivalent industry experience
Headquartered in McLean, VA, Gannett is a leading media and marketing company with unparalleled local-to-national reach, successfully connecting consumers, communities and businesses. With the iconic USA TODAY, 92 strong local media organizations in 33 states and Guam, and with more than 160 local news brands online in the U.K., we provide rich content through hundreds of outstanding affiliated digital, mobile and print products.
Each month more than 95 million unique visitors access content from USA TODAY and Gannett’s local media organizations, putting the company squarely in the Top 10 U.S. news and information category. U.S. newspapers add an additional audience of 9 million readers every weekday.
We have a work hard, play hard mentality in a casual work environment with fun perks including:
- T-shirt Tuesdays
- Outdoor patio workspace
- A beautiful campus with a pond and walking path
- On-site gym, post-office, and Starbucks
We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status
Back to top