USA TODAY NETWORK is one of the top 20 digital companies in the country, sharing the list with Google, Facebook, and Amazon. And we have over 100 million unique visitors a month, which is more than Buzzfeed, Yahoo News, and Huffington Post. We have a loyal following based on a combination of trusted, fact-checked journalism, paired with a deep commitment to helping our local communities, and constantly pushing our content delivery to be first-of-its-kind in the tech-space. And with over 110 local properties, you’ll have the luxury of living in a community you love while making a national impact. Explore the possibilities as a Security Analyst inside our Enterprise Computing and Risk Management team.
Security Analysts are part of a growing Cybersecurity team. The team works in conjunction with other teams within Technology and in other Divisions to assist in ensuring that our customers and employees are provided with a secure computing environment.
Security Analysts have key roles in:
- Developing appropriate security policies
- Developing appropriate measures for compliance with relevant technology security laws and regulations
- Identifying and implementing security technologies
- Consolidating and reviewing security logs
- Responding to security incidents
- Curious and energetic
- Collaborative and communicative
- Enthusiastic advocate of security
- Graceful and controlled under pressure
Strong Knowledge of following technologies and standards:
- Strong computing fundamentals including: networking protocols (TCP/IP, TLS, HTTP, LAN/WAN), program execution and control flow (processes, forking, syscalls, call stack)
- Cloud security
- Cryptography basics (symmetric ciphers, asymmetric ciphers, digital signatures, X.509 certificates)
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention
- ISO, ANSI, and NIST standards around cybersecurity
- Working knowledge of security tools, including: NMAP, Nessus, TCPDump, Wireshark, Netcat, and Metasploit
- ISO / IEC 27000 standards series, ISACA and COBIT
- Familiarity with the OWASP Top 10, and common attack vectors
- State and Federal laws governing public companies as related to Information Security
- Special topics relevant to the media industry, such as malvertisement and bot traffic.
- A four-year college degree is preferable, but significant experience in a cybersecurity can be substituted.
- 2-5 years of professional experience in technical environments, with at least 2 of those years focused on cybersecurity.
- CISSP or other cybersecurity certification preferred
We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top