Gannett’s Louisville Outbound Call Center is seeking sales representatives to join our team. Are you looking for a great career opportunity with company that is a leader in print and digital media?
Experience in the sales industry and customer service is preferred, but training is available. Desirable candidates will have strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with customers and co-workers.
This is a part-time position including a base salary plus commission.
- To retain, restart and sell home delivery subscriptions via phone targeted scripting, sales techniques and overcoming objections.
- Maintain retention at acceptable levels. Meet established criteria for EZ Pay Conversions, in addition to availability, closing, sales per hour, edit time, talk time and presentations per hour in departmental calling campaigns.
- Follow up with current customer accounts for customer service issues delivery verification, to collect payment to follow up on stopped accounts to resell/restart.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers. Be professional, courteous and timely in every interaction, conveying to all external customers our appreciation for their business.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Confident and engaging personality
- Excellent verbal communication with clear pronunciation.
- Ability to display empathy and personalization with each customer interaction
- Ability to multitask – typical tasks involve account research, functions on screen, remaining engaged with customer
- Strong ability to use technology
- Must have excellent attendance, be punctual and have desire to make a positive contribution to the team
- Open to receive and apply feedback
- High School diploma/GED required
- Six months related sales or call center experience preferred
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen
- Evenings and Saturday shift schedule
- Base Pay Plus Commission
- Paid Training
- High Earning Potential
- Business Casual Environment
About us: “Gannett Co., Inc.” (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of over 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.”
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top