Sales Manager - Territory Accounts
RGJ Media, a part of the Gannett Co. Inc. family, is the leading source of local news and information in Northern Nevada through a variety of distinct local print, mobile and online products, including reno.com. Through our combination of products, we have the possibility to reach and engage more than a million people. RGJ Media is committed to helping local businesses grow and succeed, thanks to our unmatched combination of unique content and advertising and marketing solutions. We deliver an ENGAGED AUDIENCE using a variety of SOPHISTICATED TOOLS and resources, and provide our clients the INTEGRATED MARKETING EXPERTISE to help them meet their goals.
We have an exciting opening for a dynamic Sales Manager – Territory Accounts. This position is responsible for building and leading a high-performance sales team dedicated to providing comprehensive media solutions to medium, high-potential advertisers and is accountable for revenue in our market’s territories.
- Ensures that the business unit meets and/or exceeds revenue expectations. Maintains a high awareness and understanding of the business unit’s revenue responsibilities and is aware of the performance to goal.
- Provides direction and strategy to sales staff and works closely with staff members during customer visits in the field, providing coaching and assisting in enhancing account relationships. Collaborates with the staff on strategy, innovation, etc. to ensure that new ideas are developed and presented to clients.
- Consistently provides timely and relevant feedback to sales team and provides coaching to staff to successfully execute the 5-step Sales process.
- Evaluates client opportunity and potential based on current trends, changes in the market, etc. Maintains a strong understanding of market competitors. Develops strategies with the sales team for selling effectively against the competition.
- Communicates and actively encourages a shared commitment to values, vision, strategy and goals.
- Advocates on behalf of the sales team to remove barriers as well as on behalf of management to ensure achievement of company objectives.
Here’s what you need:
- Bachelor’s Degree (a comparable combination of education/experience and/or training will be considered equivalent to the education listed).
- Minimum 3-5 years of sales management experience required.
- A strong understanding of digital media platforms to include search engine marketing, direct marketing, social media, website design, online display, mobile and other digital solutions with an expert knowledge of print.
- Proven ability to build and to manage a B2B sales organization. Exceptional coaching skills are required.
- The aptitude to maintain a deep and broad understanding of the market as well as an understanding of competitive media in the market.
- Strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills, both written and oral.
- Highly developed problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Proficiency in the use of modern computer technology and software programs.
What would be a plus?
- Previous experience with Salesforce.
- Digital experience in the media industry.
Here’s what we have to offer:
An extremely competitive compensation plan that rewards top performers and offers uncapped incentives, career growth opportunities, continuous training with a focus on becoming the best in sales.
A full benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, employee discounts, 401(k) with company match, flex spending and domestic partner benefits.
About the Reno Gazette-Journal:
RGJ Media/Reno Gazette-Journal is proud to be a part of Gannett. We are an energetic and fast-paced media company with a sales team devoted to being a World Class Sales Organization. If you’re looking for a rewarding challenge, RGJ is the place to be!
The Reno Gazette-Journal, a part of the Gannett Co., Inc., family, and a consultative media company that provides our customers with a means to deliver their advertising message to the right audience in the most effective way. From online to print to direct mail, the RGJ encompasses an array of products including CareerBuilder.com, rgj.com, Reno.com and The Reno Gazette-Journal.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top