Sales Manager - Michigan.com/Gannett
Sales Manager, Multimedia Advertising
Michigan.com, Michigan’s Largest Media Marketing Company, part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, and the leader in delivering engaging news and information, has an immediate opening for a Territory Sales Manager. We deliver an ENGAGED AUDIENCE using a variety of SOPHISTICATED TOOLS and resources, and provide our clients the INTEGRATED MARKETING EXPERTISE to help them achieve their goals.
Our formula is simple – We combine the largest news and information audience in the state with the top multi-platform marketing experts to provide businesses with a single partner with one purpose, to help them grow. We deliver the trusted brands of Michigan’s largest audience, including the Detroit Free Press/freep.com, The Detroit News/detroitnews.com, O&E Media/hometownlife, Livingston Daily Press & Argus, Lansing State Journal, Battle Creek Enquirer, and Port Huron Times Herald, combined with proven research, creative, strategy and marketing expertise.
We are seeking a high-achieving, strategic, and results-oriented multimedia/digitally oriented advertising sales professional for the Detroit-Metro market who can provide inspiring leadership, implement best practices, drive results for clients, and grow revenue and market share. This individual leads and manages an advertising sales team to achieve digital and total revenue goals. The Manager, Local Territory Sales must be able to identify and understand the customer base, the use of data/analytics and insights specific to the customer (market share, inventory, audience targeting, etc.), market potential, and be skilled in the development and execution of sales plans and best practices. The ideal candidate will also have significant sales experience with digital marketing products and services. Competencies in training, recruiting and developing an energetic, and committed world-class sales team is a must. Candidate must be able to inspire change and lead progressive team transformation. The position requires travel within the Detroit metro area.
- Ensure execution and adoption of sales strategies, plans and best practices to increase digital and overall revenue growth and achieve budgeted goals.
- Work directly with the sales team including Multimedia Account Executives, Digital Sales Executives, Account Managers, and Account Coordinators to provide leadership in the development and closing of sales opportunities, providing expertise to directly drive revenue.
- Collaborate with Sales & Marketing partners to execute programs that foster world-class sales behavior, values, development, and best practices.
- Coach and develop local market sales executives (including team meetings, one-on-ones, professional development, etc.) to generate world class sales multiplatform results and ensure plans and best practices are implemented and tracked.
- Collaborate with HR talent acquisition team to recruit sophisticated sellers focused on sales revenue growth and digital transformation.
- Provide leadership in key areas including sales strategy, products/packaging/pricing, etc., to assist in overall revenue performance improvement.
- Manage performance management actions.
- Identify sales growth opportunities, as well as market challenges, and work with sales representatives to develop and implement innovative action plans.
- Results Oriented: Follows through on commitments; can be counted upon to successfully execute on goals. Prioritizes well, shows energy, reacts to opportunities, instills urgency in others, and meets deadlines.
- Strategic: Develops plans, sets goals, aligns plans with company goals, plans for and manages resources, creates contingency plans, coordinates/cooperates with others.
- Analytical: Able to assess a problem or situation using effective logic. Uses important information to make logical assessments. Acts on decisions with sense of sound risk-taking; ensuring others understand decision before moving forward.
- Business: Builds customer confidence, is committed to increasing customer satisfaction, assumes responsibility for solving problems, and ensures commitments to customers are met. Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers effective, successful presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills. Supports change, encourages innovation, and solves problems creatively.
- Leadership & Talent Development: Supports values and daily actions and decisions. Actively works to recruit, hire, and retain high performers. Has a reputation as a great person to deal with. Motivates and challenges employees, delegates effectively, rewards contributions, manages collaboratively. Enables others to act, keeps team accountable for actions, and provides resources and support. Strong evaluator of talent, pays attention to work/life balance for employees, supports diversity, and promotes a team atmosphere.
- Ability to build a strong sales team.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. Proven agent for change.
- Enthusiastic and passionate, drives success through direct reports as well as “influences” and works effectively in a matrix environment.
- Ability to interact well with all levels of staff, including senior group and corporate staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising or related degree.
- Minimum 7+ years’ sales experience with a proven track record in building and growing a multiple M+ revenue business. Significant sales experience with digital marketing products and services is preferred.
- Proven successful experience in a leadership sales role.
- Experience in supervision/management position preferred.
- Sales experience understanding of the customer’s operation, decision-making, competitive environment, and needs.
- Experience in a leading-edge organization that makes a best-practices sales culture a top priority.
- Demonstrable track record in successfully penetrating and growing B2B accounts. Strong skills in integrating analytics, market insights, strategies, account planning and other best sales practices to create and execute successful growth.
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top