The Door County Advocate in Sturgeon Bay, PART OF THE USA TODAY NETWORK, has an opening for an experienced, entrepreneurial, innovative, results-oriented Sales Manager. The successful candidate will have a minimum of five years of experience in advertising/marketing sales roles with proven results. The Sales Manager will lead the team’s strategy to uncover and develop market opportunities for revenue through market share growth strategies, new business acquisition, and retention and creative-selling strategies. A strong understanding of solutions-based selling is critical. Experience in developing and executing strategies across multiple platforms, including digital, mobile, targeted niche publications and the core newspaper is essential.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage multi-media marketing solutions outside account executive team.
- Leads team that grows market share within a designated account list through the combination of acquiring new business and increasing current client spend while increasing client satisfaction. Proficient and excels at new business efforts, including cold calling new or churned clients.
- Manages the development of territory plans each quarter, and account plans for highest potential accounts.
- Manages territory pipeline via Salesforce CRM tool.
- Consistently meets/ exceeds total revenue and digital revenue goals by providing leadership to sales team and hold account executives accountable for achieving their goals.
- Coach and drive consultative, customer-centric selling behaviors resulting in marketing campaigns appropriate to client needs and that produce results.
- Coach and develop sales executives (including team meetings, one-on-ones, professional development, etc.) to generate world class sales multiplatform results and ensure plans and best practices are implemented and tracked.
- Develop and execute a clear sales planning strategy to meet objectives.
- Provide leadership in key areas including sales strategy, products/packaging/pricing, etc., to assist in overall revenue performance improvement.
- Manage performance management actions.
- Identify sales growth opportunities, as well as market challenges, and work with sales representatives to develop and implement innovative action plans.
- Utilizes customer, market, and segment insights to bring new information and offers to clients in lieu of product selling.
- Maintain and utilize deep understanding of market competitors including current clients, prospects and key trends.
- Lead sales team to maintain a forward, robust pipeline that ensures consistent goal achievement.
- Maintain a fully staffed sales team of high performing sales professionals.
- Possess not only the ability to think creatively, but ability to lead the staff in the development of innovative ways to generate revenue from the many print, digital and interactive opportunities available.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five years sales experience required with two or more years digital experience preferred.
- 3-5 years management experience.
- Leads a digital lifestyle.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, collaboration and presentation skills and ability to implement initiatives within the team and company as well as customers.
- Excellent leadership skills and experience managing sales staff to achieve revenue goals and high performance.
- Adept at creating new revenue opportunities from synergies between interactive sales and print.
- Excellent organizational skills and analytical skills, including proficient PC skills in Microsoft Office applications.
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top