Argus Leader Media, a Gannett Company, has an exciting opportunity for a proven results-oriented sales manager to lead a world class sales team. Our sales managers excel in developing people, participating in the strategic sales process and work together with the sales staff to effectively develop solutions for our clients. As the sales manager for our local territory team, you will manage four outside sale executives and two account managers.
As the Local Sales Manager you must possess a keen understanding of the marketplace with the ability to identify and develop emerging opportunities along with the ability to lead and motivate your sales team in a goal-oriented, high volume environment. We are seeking a leader who understands all aspects of multi-media advertising solutions and articulates the value these solutions bring to the community and its advertisers.
The right candidate will have proven ability to build relationships internally and externally as well as develop and implement innovative sales strategies to grow market share. A leader who excels in going on sales calls with clients as well as solo to develop and build relationships with clients and local business groups. Proficiency in the detail and application of a wide range of digital and print product solutions is essential in this role along with a consultative approach is essential in working with clients and the sales team in generating long-term sustainable account and revenue growth. You will lead the local sales team in building and moving a robust sales opportunity pipeline via 1:1 coaching and the use of Salesforce.com as a foundation. The local Sales Manager is an integral member of a 8-person sales leadership team.
In this role, you will:
- Consistently meet and/or exceed total revenue and digital revenue goals by providing leadership to sales team as well as holding sales executives accountable for achieving their goals.
- Coach and drive consultative, customer-centric selling behaviors resulting in marketing campaigns appropriate to client needs that produce results.
- Spending time in the field with sales executives building relationships with clients. Using the time to deepen relationships with clients and business groups as well as coaching opportunities with staff
- Develop and execute a clear sales planning strategy to meet objectives.
- Maintain and utilize deep understanding of market competitors including current clients, prospects and key trends.
- Lead the local sales team to maintain a forward, robust pipeline that ensures consistent goal achievement.
- Maintain a fully-staffed sales team of high performing sales professionals.
- Possess not only the ability to think creatively, but ability to lead the staff in the development of innovative ways to generate revenue from the many print, digital and interactive opportunities available.
Here’s what you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum five years’ sales experience required with two or more years’ management experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal, communication, collaboration and presentation skills and ability to implement initiatives within the team and company as well as customers
- Excellent leadership skills and experience managing sales staff to achieve revenue goals and high performance
- Adept at creating new revenue opportunities from synergies between interactive sales and print
- Excellent organizational skills and analytical skills, including proficient PC skills in Microsoft Office applications
- Prior experience utilizing a CRM system is essential; salesforce.com preferred
Here’s what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top