Republic Media, a Gannett Company and part of the USA TODAY NETWORK is the local media company where you want to work. We know, because we work here. Reaching nearly 1.5 million people each week, we are home to more than 30 products, including The Arizona Republic and azcentral.com. Republic Media is more than your typical media company. It’s a fast-paced culture offering extensive growth opportunities that plays to your strengths and fosters your talent. It’s where salespeople, storytellers, marketing gurus, digital experts and number crunchers all feel at home, and where the Valley’s most creative personalities feel inspired. Frankly, we know we’re successful because of our people, and we know the importance of keeping them happy.
We are searching for a World Class Sales Manager to lead our innovative and multi-platform team. Our culture thrives on creating and executing big ideas that provide solutions for our clients. This position is responsible for building and leading a high-performance sales team dedicated to providing comprehensive media solutions to high-potential advertisers.
We put a premium on personal integrity, teamwork, accountability, problem solving, a strong work ethic and winning.
Republic Media is the #1 News Source in the Valley and proud to be a part of Gannett. We are an energetic and fast-paced media company with a sales team devoted to being a World Class Sales Organization. If you’re looking for a rewarding challenge, Republic Media is the place to be!
We are a consultative media company that provides our customers with a means to deliver their advertising message to the right audience in the most effective way. From digital, print and social media, Republic Media encompasses an array of products including azcentral.com, The Arizona Republic and La Voz.
In this role you will:
- Ensures that the business unit meets and/or exceeds revenue expectations. Maintains a high awareness and understanding of the business unit’s revenue responsibilities and is aware of the performance to goal.
- Provides direction and strategy to sales staff and works closely with staff members during customer visits in the field, providing coaching and assisting in enhancing account relationships. Collaborates with the staff on strategy, innovation, etc. to ensure that new ideas are developed and presented to clients.
- Consistently provides timely and relevant feedback to sales team and provides coaching to staff to successfully execute the 5-step Sales process.
- Evaluates client opportunity and potential based on current trends, changes in the market, etc. Maintains a strong understanding of market competitors. Develops strategies with the sales team for selling effectively against the competition.
- Communicates and actively encourages a shared commitment to values, vision, strategy and goals.
- Advocates on behalf of the sales team to remove barriers as well as on behalf of management to ensure achievement of company objectives.
Here’s what you need:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or a comparable combination of education/experience and/or training will be considered equivalent to the education listed).
- 2+ years of sales management experience required along with a track record of leading in a goal-oriented newspaper and/or media advertising sales industry.
- A strong understanding of digital media platforms to include search engine marketing, direct marketing, social media, website design, online display, mobile and other digital solutions with an expert knowledge of print.
- Proven ability to build and to manage a B2B sales organization. Exceptional coaching skills are required.
- The aptitude to maintain a deep and broad understanding of the market as well as an understanding of competitive media in the market.
- Strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills, both written and oral.
- Highly developed problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Previous experience with Salesforce preferred.
Here’s what we have to offer:
We offer a competitive base salary with uncapped commissions and career growth opportunities. We also offer you a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays, employee discount program and domestic partner benefits. Our 401(k) is topnotch and contributions you make, up to the first 5% eligible for a 100% Company match!
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Connect with us on LinkedIn
Back to top