Wisconsin Media, part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, and the leader in delivering engaging news and information, has an immediate opening for a Sales Manager. We deliver an ENGAGED AUDIENCE using a variety of SOPHISTICATED TOOLS and resources, and provide our clients the INTEGRATED MARKETING EXPERTISE to help them meet their goals.
In this role, you will:
- Lead and manage multi-media marketing solutions outside account executive team.
- Leads team that grows market share within a designated account list through the combination of acquiring new business and increasing current client spend while increasing client satisfaction. Proficient and excels at new business efforts, including cold calling new or churned clients.
- Manages the development of territory plans each quarter, and account plans for highest potential accounts.
- Manages territory pipeline via SFDC.
- Utilizes 5 step sales process, packaged solutions and offers to meet client needs.
- Proficient articulating digital and print value propositions.
- Thrive in high activity, dynamic environments with shorter sales cycle and average sales value.
- Work directly with sales team including Multimedia Account Executives, Digital Sales Specialists, Account Managers, and Account Coordinators to provide leadership in the development and closing of sales opportunities, providing expertise to directly drive revenue.
- Collaborate with Sales & Marketing Division partners to execute programs that foster world-class sales behavior, values, development, and best practices.
- Coach and develop sales executives (including team meetings, one-on-ones, professional development, etc.) to generate world class sales multiplatform results and ensure plans and best practices are implemented and tracked.
- Collaborate with HR talent acquisition team to recruit sophisticated sellers focused on sales revenue growth and digital transformation.
- Provide leadership in key areas including sales strategy, products/packaging/pricing, etc., to assist in overall revenue performance improvement.
- Manage performance management actions.
- Identify sales growth opportunities, as well as market challenges, and work with sales representatives to develop and implement innovative action plans.
- Utilizes customer, market, and segment insights to bring new information and offers to clients in lieu of product selling.
- Identifies complex customer needs and builds custom client solutions that differentiate Wisconsin Media and the USA TODAY NETWORK from competitors.
- Leverages multiple Wisconsin Media USA TODAY NETWORK resources and partners to develop optimal client solutions including print and digital products. Proficient in USA TODAY NETWORK’s premium digital capabilities.
- Articulates WISCONSIN MEDIA and USA TODAY NETWORK’s value proposition and prove ROI with data.
We offer a robust, rewarding career experience:
- Work with the best: We’ll surround you with talented leaders driven toward your success and ours.
- Do well here: Further your career while working to serve the greater good in our community.
- Go big: We’ll equip you with the region’s best marketing services and solutions, empowering you to deliver unparalleled results to your customers.
- Get paid well: Enjoy base pay well above the market average with unlimited earning potential. We want the best so we are paying the best.
- Get in now: Join the ground floor of a national organization in the midst of rapid transformation to a new and exciting media start-up – an invaluable career experience.
- Quarterback a top notch sales executive team and receive excellent support from an account managers, a digital campaign managers, marketing strategists and more.
Qualified candidates for the position must demonstrate these key competencies:
- History of driving results
- Ability to think and act strategically
- Fundamental AND Challenger sales skills
- Strong two-way communication skills
- Effective collaborator and delegator
- Aptitude or acumen for digital marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising or related area.
- Minimum 5+ years’ sales experience with a proven track record growing revenue. Significant sales experience with digital marketing products and services preferred, focusing on the local business sector with local or regional decision makers and influencers.
- Proven successful experience in a leadership sales role.
- Experience in supervision/management position preferred.
- Experience in a leading-edge organization that makes a best-practices sales culture a top priority.
- Demonstratable track record in successfully penetrating and growing B2B accounts. Strong skills in integrating analytics, market insights, strategies, account planning and other best sales practices to create and execute successful growth.
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top