Explore the possibilities as an Advertising Sales Manager with The Tallahassee Democrat, part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, a top global digital media company, which reaches more than 100 million people monthly through a powerful network of mobile & publishing properties. Our goal is to re-image our traditional media roots. This is achieved by creating innovative products and services that leverage our role as an information provider and reach our customers whenever and wherever.
Are you an innovative and experienced Sales Manager? Come join our team based in Tallahassee, FL. Our Sales Manager will be responsible for building and leading a high-performance sales team dedicated to providing comprehensive media solutions to potential advertisers. The Sales Manager must possess strong leadership and relationship-building skills and play a pivotal role in the development and implementation of advertising strategies, company-wide initiatives, as well as be accountable for enhancing the media company’s brand.
In this role you will:
- Ensures our sales force is driving new digital sales (by assessing and facilitating the use of best practices in solutions-based selling), up-sell of existing account advertisers, while driving retention, and minimizing product cannibalization.
- Holds sales executives accountable to performance by reviewing digital metrics, including forecasting to maximize opportunities and determine areas for improvement.
- Develops staff through ride-along coaching, participating in client meetings, feedback, training and career path opportunities.
- Networks nationally, regionally, and locally to stay abreast of emerging digital trends, rates and product solutions.
- Utilizes a comprehensive knowledge of the industry, the competition, and the client to develop and execute value added strategies that generates business and strengthens our position in the marketplace.
- Advocates on behalf of the sales team to remove barriers as well as on behalf of management to ensure achievement of company objectives.
- Evaluates client opportunity and potential based on current trends, changes in the market, etc. Maintains a strong understanding of market competitors. Develops strategies with the sales team for selling effectively against the competition.
- Communicates and actively encourages a shared commitment to values, vision, strategy and goals.
Here’s what you need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable combination of education/experience and/or training.
- Minimum of three to five years’ related experience including sales management.
- Knowledge of all facets of digital sales and marketing. Product knowledge must include targeted display, social, SEO & SEM.
- Strategic thinker and disciplined executor comfortable developing and making recommendations to senior management using and analyzing data.
- Demonstrated record of success in a goal-oriented, highly accountable environment.
- Ability to maintain a deep and broad understanding of the market.
- Outstanding relationship skills with the ability to build rapport and trust.
- Strong communication, problem-solving, decision-making, negotiation and influencing skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent presentation skills; advanced proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint are a must.
- Must have strong time management and organizational skills; candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced, high-pressured, evolving environment.
Here’s what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
About USA TODAY NETWORK: The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
The USA TODAY NETWORK, part of Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI), is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top