Spectrum Media, a part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is the leading source of local news and information in Southern Utah through a variety of distinct local print, mobile and online products. We are committed to helping local businesses grow and succeed, thanks to our unmatched combination of unique content and advertising and marketing solutions. We deliver an ENGAGED AUDIENCE using a variety of SOPHISTICATED TOOLS and resources, and provide our clients the INTEGRATED MARKETING EXPERTISE to help them meet their goals.
We have an exciting opening for a dynamic, digitally savvy Media Sales Manager. This position is responsible for building and leading a high-performance sales team dedicated to providing comprehensive media solutions to small and large business clients alike.
In this role you will:
- Ensure that the business unit meets and/or exceeds revenue expectations.
- Provide direction and strategy to sales staff and work closely with staff members during customer visits in the field, providing coaching and assisting in enhancing account relationships.
- Collaborate with the staff on strategy, innovation, etc. to ensure that new ideas are developed and presented to clients.
- Consistently provide timely and relevant feedback to sales team and provides coaching to staff to successfully execute the 5-step Sales process.
- Evaluate client opportunity and potential based on current trends, changes in the market, etc. Maintain a strong understanding of market competitors. Develop strategies with the sales team for selling effectively against the competition.
- Communicate and actively encourage a shared commitment to values, vision, strategy and goals.
- Advocate on behalf of the sales team to remove barriers as well as on behalf of management to ensure achievement of company objectives.
We offer a robust, rewarding career experience:
- Work with the best: We’ll surround you with talented leaders driven toward your success and ours.
- Do well here: Further your career while working to serve the greater good in our community.
- Go big: We’ll equip you with the region’s best marketing services and solutions, empowering you to deliver unparalleled results to your customers.
- Get paid well: Enjoy base pay well above the market average with unlimited earning potential. We want the best so we are paying the best.
- Get in now: Join the ground floor of a national organization in the midst of rapid transformation to a new and exciting media start-up – an invaluable career experience.
- Lead a topnotch sales team, which is supported by account managers, digital campaign managers, marketing strategists and more.
Qualified candidates for the position must demonstrate these key competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred (or a comparable combination of education/experience and/or training will be considered equivalent)
- Aptitude or acumen for digital marketing
- 3-5+ years of sales management experience
- History of driving results
- Ability to think and act strategically
- Strong two-way communication skills, negotiation and influencing skills, both written and oral.
- Effective collaborator and delegator
About Spectrum Media: A member of the USA Today Network, Spectrum Media is the region’s strongest media voice, with an award-winning website (TheSpectrum.com), daily newspapers in the Utah cities of St. George and Cedar City, a twice-weekly newspaper in the Nevada border town of Mesquite, and the monthly St. George Magazine.
Our journalists continue to innovate through social media, interactive storytelling and good, old-fashioned hard news reporting. Our media consultants partner with local businesses to create advertising and marketing solutions for digital and print platforms.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top