Gannett NJ, part of the USA TODAY Network, has an opportunity for a Sales Coordinator based in our Neptune, NJ office. The Sales Coordinator will be responsible for maintenance of sales reports for all sites within the Group Hub sales structure. The position is primarily responsible for accurate and on-time reporting of: kiosk sales, commissions, weekly updates for the assigned property data files and processing transactional data. Accuracy and timeliness are essential to ensure management can make timely and accurate forecasts of volume trends and adjusts sales tactics where necessary. This person maintains sales expense tracking reports, and will audit subscriber data for discrepancies, correct errors and reconcile subscriber account and sales data. Position requires proactive thinking, good written and verbal communication skills, strong analytic abilities and problem solving capabilities. This position reports directly to the Sales Manager.
- Create and maintain reports as needed by Regional Sales Manager.
- Work closely with Regional Director, Regional Sales Managers, and Local Sales Managers in reporting circulation, sales, and expense data for all newspapers within the hub.
- Maintain sales expense tracking reports, correct errors and reconcile data to ensure accuracy.
- Maintain, update and audit multiple reporting databases to track sales, response rates, key performance indicators and expenses for all sales campaigns.
- Perform weekly updates of circulation start, stop, sales and volume information into the Campaign Manager for all newspapers in the hub to ensure managers can isolate trends and forecast volumes accurately.
- Compile and audit kiosk commissions, charge backs and verifications to ensure outside kiosk vendors are paid accurately and on time for sites within the Hub.
- Assist with data hygiene and maintenance for hub sites as requested.
- Manage expenses through p-card ensuring all invoices are paid in a timely fashion and inter-company transactions are processed at month-end.
- Maintain a tracking report for monthly expenses in comparison to budget and YOY for sales by vendor and by publication for all campaigns.
- Able to react productively and handle any other essential tasks as assigned.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Must be proficient in PC applications and be able to demonstrate strong computer skills.
- Working knowledge of Gannett’s Circulation Systems (Genesys and Campaign Manager Tool) is a plus.
- Two-year degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Three years of report compilation, maintenance and analysis experience preferred.
- Previous experience working in Excel is required.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Must possess good analytical, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational and communication skills required.
- Must be able to collaborate with others and work across multiple departments effectively.
- Must be able to work on tedious research data and make corrections in a timely manner.
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 110 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top