Republic Media, the #1 local news website (azcentral.com) and the state’s largest daily newspaper (The Arizona Republic) is seeking an innovative, motivated, creative and experienced Sales Account Manager to join our team. The Account Manager plays a critical role by providing world class customer service. They also support the Account Executives in achieving their monthly and quarterly revenue goals. In this role, you will partners with one or more Account Executives, and provide up-sell opportunities and lead generation functions within the assigned territory. Additionally, you will serve as the main point of contact for their customers daily, building revenue through upselling, executing internally and externally as well as superior customer relationship management.
Republic Media is the #1 News Source in the Valley and proud to be a part of Gannett. We are an energetic and fast-paced media company with a sales team devoted to being a World Class Sales Organization. If you’re looking for a rewarding challenge, Republic Media is the place to be!
We are a consultative media company that provides our customers with a means to deliver their advertising message to the right audience in the most effective way. From digital, print and social media, Republic Media encompasses an array of products including azcentral.com, The Arizona Republic and La Voz.
- Consistently meet and exceeds revenue goals and expectations. Maintains and grows account base. Develops and delivers ideas/solutions to grow market share within an existing customer base.
- Identifying, qualifying and presenting up sell opportunities to customers.
- Demonstrates deep understanding of the marketplace, customers’ business models and objectives, competitors, and print and digital offerings.
- Articulates product offerings and their value to customers.
- Collaborating with Account Executives on client business needs/potential client opportunities and new products/programs to better serve the client.
- Working closely with customers and Account Executives to facilitate proposals, correspondence, and resolution of customer’s issues.
- Serves as the primary contact with account executives for technical issues and campaign performance.
- Provides monitoring and optimization of online campaigns.
- Meets or exceeds defined activity, revenue, and product goals.
- Development of an understanding of our Digital Department product offerings and internal systems.
- Utilizes sales tools and research to articulate value of Company offerings.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-2 years of account management and previous sales experience, digital experience preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office and PowerPoint products required; SalesForce.com or another CRM tool preferred.
- Must be able to work with multiple Account Executives with ease and provide exceptional customer service and be team oriented in nature.
- Creative, flexible and able to adapt to industry change.
- Should be able to work in a fast paced, team environment with revenue deadlines.
- Articulate and solid communicator with effective presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
Here’s what we have to offer:
We offer a competitive salary and career growth opportunities. We also offer you a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays, employee discount program and domestic partner benefits. Our 401(k) is topnotch and contributions you make, up to the first 5% eligible for a 100% Company match!
Republic Media (a Gannett Company) is a local media company where you want to work. We know, because we work here. Reaching more than 2.2 million people each week, we are home to more than 25 brands, including The Arizona Republic, azcentral.com and La Voz. Republic Media is more than your typical media company. It’s a fast-paced culture offering extensive growth opportunities that plays to your strengths and fosters your talent.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top