Sales and Marketing Specialist
Gannett Co., Inc. part of the USA TODAY NETWORK is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.”
We’re in search of a high-energy sales and marketing professional who wants to be part of a winning team! The successful candidate will be able to handle multiple priorities, in a ridiculously fast-paced environment, with ease. Once the objective is clear, he/she will thrive with minimal direction. Specifically, the Sales and Marketing Specialist will manage the day-to-day execution and coordination of local sales programs working with the consumer marketing team. This position is B2C focused and is directly responsible for the development, coordination and execution of various subscription sales and marketing initiatives in the Louisville market. Assist in the development of standard and non-traditional consumer sales programs.
- Effectively, in a hands-on manner, execute subscription sales initiatives with a particular focus on direct sales strategies, including events and retail kiosks, as directed by the Group Director.
- Develop, coordinate and manage local kiosk and crew direct sales programs working with third party vendors.
- Manage the operations behind the sales working closely with the Local Sales Manager, the Regional Digital Marketing Manager, the Brand Marketing Manager, the creative team and other key personnel both inside and outside of the organization to maximize new sale opportunities.
- Work with various departments at The Courier-Journal to leverage market specific content-of-interest to drive new subscription sales.
- Develop sales strategies designed to increase new acquisition and retention of home delivery subscribers.
- Engage with the loyalty team and work with the local consumer marketing team to inform subscribers of current Xtras! benefits.
- College degree required
- Business, sales or marketing background is desired.
- 1 to 2 years B2C sales experience preferred.
- Prior experience coordinating and implementing sales programs and working with third party vendors preferred.
- Analytical ability is essential. Must be able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Strong organizational skills
- A valid driver’s license is required.
What we offer: As a part of Gannett Co., Inc., the nation’s largest media and marketing solutions company, we offer a dynamic, community-focused environment where individuals are rewarded for exceptional performance. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including health care, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off, and tuition reimbursement. Pre-employment drug testing and background screening are required.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top