Sales Account Executive, Territory
Are you seeking a strategic selling position in a fun and dynamic work environment where you are part of a market leading team and a culture that thrives on innovation?
If this sounds like what you are seeking, we encourage you to apply today to join our team as a
Sales Account Executive!
The El Paso Times, a Gannett Company and part of the USA TODAY NETWORK is seeking an innovative, motivated, creative and experienced Sales Account Executive, Territory to join our team. The primary responsibility of our sales professionals is to grow market share within a designated territory or account list through the combination of acquiring new business and increasing share within the existing client base. We have found our successful sales professionals possess a comprehensive knowledge of the industry, the competition, and the client to develop and execute value added strategies that generates business and strengthens our position in the marketplace.
We put a premium on personal integrity, teamwork, accountability, problem solving, a strong work ethic, excellent communication skills and winning.
We are a consultative media company that provides our customers with a means to deliver their advertising message to the right audience in the most effective way. From digital, print and social media, we have an array of products including elpasotimes.com and The El Paso Times.
- Develop a high level of competency of the company’s competitive advertising environment.
- Sell multi-media advertising solutions.
- Manage a book of business and meet monthly revenue goals.
- Increase market share by gaining new business through aggressive face-to-face sales calls, up-sells, appointment setting and cold calls with potential customers.
- Take a strategic view of the client’s business and what solutions we can offer.
- Recommend creative ideas that improve the company’s competitive position and the bottom line.
- Develop creative, custom and effective solutions for our clients.
- Articulate the value of digital media products to our customers.
- Lead strategic advertising projects by developing and retaining new, local and direct business for the local operating unit.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-2 years’ business-to-business sales experience; previous digital media sales experience preferred.
- Excellent presentation skills; ability to deliver presentations is crucial to success in the job, so proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint are a must.
- Outstanding relationship-building skills; with the ability to build rapport and trust with clients.
- Creative, flexible and able to adapt to industry change.
- Should be able to work in a fast paced, team environment with revenue deadlines.
- Time-management and organizational skills; candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced, high-pressured, evolving environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance required.
Here’s what we have to offer:
We offer a competitive base salary with uncapped commissions and career growth opportunities. We also offer you a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays, employee discount program and domestic partner benefits. Our 401(k) is topnotch and contributions you make, up to the first 5% eligible for a 100% Company match!
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top