Sales Account Executive, Acquisition
Republic Media, a Gannett Co. Inc. company and part of the USA TODAY NETWORK is seeking a Sales Account Executive, Acquisition. This position is responsible for growing advertising market share through heavy prospecting and strategic selling. We put a premium on personal integrity, teamwork, accountability, problem solving, a strong work ethic, excellent communication skills and winning.
In this role, you will:
- Sell multi-media advertising solutions while acquiring new business and growing existing client base, demonstrate an understanding of these products and articulate the value of those products to our customers.
- Develop and work a pipeline of potential customers.
- Meet or exceed revenue expectations.
- Deliver and obtain long term commitments and campaigns.
- Communicate with clients on needs analysis, delivering proposals/campaigns and conflict resolution.
- Negotiate contracts/rates while keeping customer ROI and the Company’s rate integrity intact.
- Conduct needs analysis, annual/quarterly campaign proposals and contract discussions.
- Execute the 5-Step Sales process which includes: 1. Plan & Prepare, 2. Evaluate Needs, 3. Build the Solution, 4. Present and Close, and 5. Follow Through.
- Meet or exceed revenue expectations.
- Increase market share by gaining new business through aggressive face-to-face sales calls, up-sells, appointment setting and cold calls with potential customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Here’s what you need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years sales experience. Digital sales experience is a plus.
- Extensive understanding of territory and market as it relates to customers, prospects, and key trends.
- Ability to identify the current needs of client base; communicate the benefits of our audience based marketing solutions as they relate to each need and then sell the appropriate campaign.
- Strong understanding of digital media platforms.
- Able to work through objections/concerns regarding costs, budgets and selling strategies.
- Intense understanding of digital media platforms and digitally savvy. Proficient in face-to-face sales calling including up-selling, appointment setting and cold calling.
- Demonstrated record of success in a goal-oriented, highly accountable environment; in building customer-based revenue and in delivering customer solutions based on identified needs.
- Know how to grow and maintain market share.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite, including Excel and PowerPoint.
Here’s what we have to offer:
We offer a competitive base salary with uncapped commissions and career growth opportunities. We also offer you a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays, employee discount program and domestic partner benefits. Our 401(k) is topnotch and contributions you make, up to the first 5% eligible for a 100% Company match!
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Connect with us on LinkedIn
Back to top