Reviewed.com Staff Writer
Do you love to cook? Are you interested in writing about food and testing the latest kitchen gadgets? Reviewed.com is seeking a staff writer to join our editorial team!
The Staff Writer will be responsible for testing large and small cooking appliances, and will then use those test results to write product reviews.
The Staff Writer will also use their multimedia storytelling skills—such as photography, video, and social media tools—to contribute news, features, and consumer education pieces with a strong focus on cooking.
Working closely with section editors, Staff Writers typically do deep dives into new product categories. After determining which products need to be brought into the labs, they then work with our Senior Scientist to design and conduct hands-on product tests.
Staff Writers also write and publish consumer education content that requires independent analysis of the industries we cover, consumer trends, and consumer habits.
Position requires the ability to work out of the Reviewed.com headquarters in Cambridge, MA. Occasional travel may also be required. If approved, it may be possible for the Staff Writer to perform some job duties remotely.
- Writing daily assignments on a variety of topics that improve the lives of consumers
- Generating new story ideas that positively impact our editorial strategies
- Peer editing the work of other writers on team
- Excellent writing skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Minimum two years professional writing experience preferred
- Ability to effectively identify the pain points in the consumer experience and write content that helps them
- Strong news judgment
- Ability to analyze metrics, use them to identify patterns and develop action items for exploiting them
- Multimedia news gathering (photography, video, social media) experience is strongly preferred
Back to top