The Arizona Republic and azcentral.com (part of the USA Today Network) is seeking a part time Retention Associate for our Customer Service center in downtown Phoenix. We put a premium on personal integrity, teamwork, problem solving and a strong work ethic. You must demonstrate enthusiasm for the position while maintaining productivity goals of the department and meeting quality, sales, and customer service standards. We put a premium on personal integrity, teamwork, accountability, problem solving, a strong work ethic, excellent communication skills and winning.
- Paid time off
- Free gym access
- Discounts on public transportation, local/national events, etc.
Candidate must be able to work varying shifts within the following timeframes:
- Monday – Thursday 9am – 7pm
- Friday – 9am – 5pm
- Saturday – 9am -12noon (mandatory)
- Makes outbound calls to current and former subscribers to prompt for payment, solicit re-sales, inform of renewal marketing initiatives and verify subscription starts
- Achieves and/or exceeds standards of performance (sales per hour)
- Works to negotiate with customers within company guidelines to retain existing business
- Offers new and upgraded products to existing customers and promotes EZ Pay
- Provides accurate product knowledge concerning rates, delivery times, and payment options
- Keeps abreast of current subscriber offerings and initiatives
- In the subscriber database, documents the customer’s request to change their subscription offers and payment options
- Answers telephones and responds to e-mails regarding delivery, promotional material, subscription-related questions and/or customer related issues
- Documents all calls relating to delivery, billing and sales information
- Posts payments to accounts and balances payments processed
- Performs data entry into circulation subscriber database and demographic profile database on both mainframe terminals and PC’s
- Works on special projects
- Prior customer service, collections, and/or sales experience preferred
- Background in data processing and/or telemarketing desired
- Predictive dialing system experience a plus
- Strong sales, customer service, telephone and public relation skills. Ability to make cold calls to retain and/or upsell products and services
- Ability to work in a sales oriented environment with the ability to meet and/or exceed all sales requirements and goals
- Ability to work with a diverse culture of customers
- Ability to keep abreast of company products and services being offered
- Basic math and problem solving skills
- High degree of accuracy and the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work within a team environment to achieve individual and department goals
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings weekends and/or holidays
We reach more than 2.2 million people each week, we are home to more than 25 brands, including The Arizona Republic, azcentral.com and 12 News. Republic Media is more than your typical media company. It’s a fast-paced culture offering extensive growth opportunities that plays to your strengths and fosters your talent.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an international media and marketing solutions company that informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its powerful network of broadcast, digital, mobile and publishing properties. Our portfolio of trusted brands offers marketers unmatched local-to-national reach and customizable, innovative marketing solutions across any platform. Gannett is committed to connecting people – and the companies who want to reach them – with their interests and communities. For more information, visit www.gannett.com.
USA TODAY NETWORK is one of the top 20digital companies in the country, sharing the list with Google, Facebook, andAmazon. We have over 100 million unique visitors a month. This loyal andlarge-scale following is based on a combination of trusted, fact-checkedjournalism, paired with a deep commitment to helping our local communities, andconstantly pushing our content delivery to be first-of-its-kind in thetech-space. And with over 110 local properties and USA TODAY at the helm,you’ll have the luxury of living in a community you love while making anational impact.
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top