Reporter Intern - Summer 2017
The Argus Leader, a member of the USA TODAY NETWORK and South Dakota’s leading print and online news source, is seeking top notch talent for our multi-media reporter internship. This internship is a full-time opportunity for Summer 2017.
In this role, you will:
- Report and write about general assignment topics.
- Produce photos and videos about general news topics.
- Participate in the Argus Leader’s curation team efforts, identifying social media trends and bringing local context to the discussion.
- Work this internship from roughly mid-May through July 2017.
Here’s what you need:
- Candidates must be juniors, seniors or graduate journalism students attending a four-year college or university
- Prior experience working for a college publication is required
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable motor vehicle record, proof of insurance and reliable transportation
- Previous journalism-related internship preferred
- Knowledge of Iowa and Spanish are a plus
- Provide 5 (five) samples of work with your application
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top