Regional Subscription Sales Manager
Regional Subscription Sales Manager
Are you experienced in B2C Subscription Marketing and Sales? Explore the possibilities of working with the USA TODAY Network as a Regional Subscription Marketing and Sales Manager based in Nashville, TN.
This position is responsible for achieving budgeted revenue goals for the assigned region, and is responsible for the development of the sales plan that drives subscription sales and retention, which, in turn, impacts subscription volume. This role provides direction, leadership, and constructive problem solving while facilitating creative improvements for both local and remote staff members. From hiring to coaching and mentoring, this position assists in the career development of sales staff to manage performance and maximize individual potential of team members. Working with and effectively communicating with management, publishers and local teams is a continuous and vital function of this position.
- Lead team of sales managers in the creation and implementation of sales and marketing campaigns to include traditional and nontraditional sales channels to support the overarching local marketing campaign.
- Meets marketing and sales financial objectives by forecasting sales volumes, revenues and expenses; oversees preparation of the annual sales budget; analyzes variances; initiates corrective actions.
- Identifies marketing opportunities by identifying consumer segments; defining target market, competitor’s strengths and weaknesses; analyzing market trends.
- Determines annual and periodic sales quotas by site; projects expected sales volume and profit; analyzes trends and results; monitors costs, competition, and market trends.
- Understand market analysis, determine next steps, and act as a change agent to ensure goals are met.
- Collaborate with internal sales partners to create and implement localized sales and marketing programs in all circulation areas that support defined sales strategy.
- Identify and develop efficiencies that maximize current resources through standardized approaches across markets.
- Oversee and direct sales and retention initiatives across traditional and non-traditional platforms from creation to completion.
- Communicate programs, results and accomplishments to the Group Consumer Sales Director, Consumer Service Sales team and local units, including publishers, editors, and market development staff, enabling proactive implementations, collaboration and the establishment of best practices.
- Guide and mentor sales team for career development purposes.
- Bachelor’s degree with specialization in marketing and/or communications preferred.
- Five years of sales and marketing communications, or relevant business experience required; digital sales experience a plus.
- Five years of team management experience.
- Well-versed in knowledge of sales and marketing campaigns, methods, channels and analysis.
- Excellent relationship management skills, strong project management, and problem-solving skills.
- The ideal candidate will have a commitment to success, posses a high-energy level and a competitive nature.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Must be able to develop and expand relationships with all level of decision makers.
- Individual must be able to work independently and handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to travel throughout designated sales region.
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top