Regional Sales Manager - East Coast
Gannett Publishing, McLean, VA is seeking an innovative and experienced sales leader that has extensive and proven success launching, managing and executing strategic objectives to exceed local revenue goals across Gannett Publishing. The individual must possess strong leadership and collaboration skills and be a consummate team professional. The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for the development and execution of sales plans that drive volume and revenue for all assigned products. This role requires a sales-oriented individual with strong leadership skills, the ability to individually and collaboratively problem solve and able to nurture relationships with both internal and external partners within retail, hospitality and education segments.This position will report to the SVP of Performance Marketing. The position may work out of one of our Gannett Publishing offices.
What we need:
- This individual will help to define, develop, and communicate our go to market and rollout strategy.
- Develop and implement training modules focused on: Account identification, securing a Base Buy, On-Boarding process new clients, optimizing current clients via data analysis, utilization of match back technology, and financial analysis of programs.
- This executive will be accountable for local pay for performance revenue; working both strategically and tactically with Directors of Advertising & Performance Program Specialists throughout each division.
- This individual will ensure our Performance Specialists are driving new/incremental revenue (by assessing and facilitating the use of best practices) transitioning of existing key account advertisers, and focusing on lost segments of business.
- The position will require travel to deliver in-market training, client meetings, while assisting sales managers/directors to support Performance Program Specialists in hitting their performance program revenue and margin targets.
- This individual needs to be adept at creating innovative multimedia recommendations that integrate proof of performance strategies with digital strategy.
- The individual will hold Performance Program Specialists accountable to performance by reviewing campaign metrics, including margin to maximize inventory profitability and determine areas for improvement on a weekly and monthly basis.
- The individual will network nationally, regionally, and locally to stay abreast of emerging performance trends, rates and revenue generating solutions.
- This individual will select, manage, and oversee all 3rd party agreements associated with data analysis and Performance Modeling.
What you need:
- Minimum of 7 years media sales experience (with a focus on local), 5 years media sales management.
- Expert knowledge of all facets surrounding Performance Programs, with expert level data analysis and business consulting.
- Adept at creating new revenue opportunities from synergies between local properties and local advertisers.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Must have advanced PC skills including Microsoft Office
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task and follow-through projects to completion.
- Strong presenter and communicator with internal and external customers and partners.
- Strategic thinker and disciplined executor comfortable developing and making recommendations to senior management.
- The ability to travel extensively for publishing market visits and local client sales calls is required
- Up to 75% travel required.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com
We offer an extremely competitive compensation plan that rewards top performers and offers uncapped incentives, career growth opportunities, continuous training with a focus on becoming the best in sales.
We also offer you a full benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, employee discounts, 401(k) with company match and domestic partner benefits. We invite you to explore our Web site and take a closer look at who we are and what we offer.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top