Regional Sales Director - Automotive - West
Gannett Co. Inc. and the USA TODAY NETWORK are seeking an innovative, experienced and proactive Regional Sales Director who will be responsible for building and leading a high-performance sales team dedicated to providing comprehensive media solutions to potential advertisers. You will direct activities, operations and staff relating to Automotive Advertising. The Regional Sales Director must possess strong leadership and relationship-building skills and play a pivotal role in the development and implementation of advertising strategies, company-wide initiatives, as well as be accountable for enhancing the media company’s brand. You will have oversight for the following cities: Salem, Fort Collins, Reno and Palm Springs. We are open to you residing in Portland, Denver and LA. This position reports directly to the Group Auto Director. We put a premium on personal integrity, teamwork, accountability, problem solving, a strong work ethic and winning.
In this role you will:
- Ensures that the business unit consistently meets and/or exceeds revenue goals. Always aware of performance to goal; measures sales executive performance by revenue to goal, quarterly and annually. Ensures that high levels of performance are always top of mind.
- Maintains a high awareness and understanding of the market and the competition, and each staff member’s performance to all goal and targets. Holds staff accountable to revenue goals, objectives, KPIs and other metrics. Creates effective formal activity metrics for staff.
- Maintains a full staff of highly-skilled, high performing sales executives.
- Spends time with sales teams visiting customers in the field with the purpose of deepening account relationships. Uses these opportunities to coach staff.
- Develops strong sales plans and holds staff accountable for achieving their plans. Has a clear, formal, written plan to attack allocated segments/territories. Coaches sales managers to develop comprehensive, individual account plans with Account Executives that achieve a high level of individual account penetration.
- Provides appropriate mix of direction and strategy. Collaborates with the staff on strategy, innovation, etc., to ensure that new ideas are developed and presented to clients. Coach sales staff to successfully execute the 5-Step Sales process: Plan and prepare; evaluate needs; build the solution; present and close; and follow through.
- Communicates clear vision for their respective area of business and World Class Sales. Clearly articulates the company mission and garners commitment among the team for the organization’s values, vision, strategy and goals.
- Works in conjunction with staff and others to build unique and innovative solutions for customers. Offers ideas to enhance or streamline our internal processes.
- Utilizes creativity and strategic thinking.
Here’s what you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Business, Marketing, Public Relations or equivalent experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 Sales Management experience. Digital advertising sales preferred.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills are required. Must have strong time management and organizational skills. Candidate must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-pressure, ever-evolving environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills are mandatory
- A track-record of innovation and initiative
- Proven record of successfully leading in a goal-oriented, highly accountable key account environment.
- Ability to build and manage a B2B sales organization.
Here’s what we have to offer:
We offer a competitive base salary with uncapped commissions and career growth opportunities. We also offer you a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays, employee discount program and domestic partner benefits. Our 401(k) is topnotch and contributions you make, up to the first 5% eligible for a 100% Company match!
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Connect with us on LinkedIn
Back to top