Regional President, Ohio
Regional President, Ohio
As part of the Gannett USA Today Network this role is responsible for the strategic, financial and operational success of the Cincinnati Enquirer and associated products. The primary focus is to drive sales performance to exceed goals and represent the community by building strategic partnerships that improve position in the market place. This is accomplished in part through effective change leadership within a highly consolidated and matrix organizational structure, a strong customer-first focus and by having a firm understanding of the changing digital-media landscape and the opportunities and impacts to our business. The successful President will hire and hold employees accountable for business results and establish a performance-oriented world class sales culture focused on winning. The four key responsibility areas are sales execution and leadership; market strategy and collaboration; achieving a culture of success; and community leadership and engagement. The ideal candidate will have a record of delivering results in both “traditional” and “new” media environments, and deeply understand digital advertising and marketing. The position is located at the Cincinnati Enquirer in Cincinnati, Ohio and reports to the West Group President located in Indianapolis, Indiana. Cincinnati Enquirer products include: The Kentucky Enquirer, Cincinnati.com, 8 Digital Apps, 28 Non Dailies (Weekly Products), 2 TMC Products and 26 Weekly Neighborhood Publications (Community Press & Recorder).
- Leadership of the organization and setting the strategic vision, with a primary focus on sales and revenues.
- Lead world class sales and marketing efforts to achieve company objectives. Manage core and new growth revenue streams; guide and motivate the sales team to exceed expectations.
- Attract, retain and develop world class talent that is highly motivated; inspire and expect high performance.
- Build sustainable value propositions for subscriptions and advertising revenue.
- Reposition the company in the minds of consumers and business leaders through community leadership and strategic communications; actively advocate and tell The USA TODAY NETWORK story
- Build strategic partnerships that improve USA TODAY NETWORK’s position in the marketplace and drive results.
- Be informed and knowledgeable of local news, government, and the direction of the community; connect with the community and local leaders, including board involvement; guide the organization in local news, investigative journalism and public service.
- Ensure highest level of journalist integrity and content quality across all platforms.
- Ensure achievement of financial objectives, including revenue, expense and operating profit.
- Fulfill purpose in serving our communities; develop consumer driven products to grow audience and engagement; build strategic partnerships that improve position in the marketplace and drives results.
- Be a champion of diversity – with the understanding that diversity includes everyone and drives customer and operational innovation.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising or equivalent combination of education and experience, Master’s Degree Preferred
- 10+ years senior sales experience required with 5+ years of management experience required.
- A keen understanding of digital in the marketplace with the capability of connecting audiences and businesses with our suite of digital products and marketing services.
- Experience working in industries undergoing substantial change and transformation.
- Demonstrated track record in recruiting world-class talent, inclusive of world-class leadership and sales teams.
- A proven track record of high-performance and consistent results in a senior management role.
- A history of successful leadership, innovation and goal achievement.
What we offer:
As a part of Gannett Co., Inc., the nation’s largest media and marketing solutions company, we offer a dynamic, community-focused environment where individuals are rewarded for exceptional performance. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including health care, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off, and tuition reimbursement. Pre-employment drug testing and background screening are required.
About Us: Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top