Regional Finance/Accounting Manager
The Regional Financial Manager is responsible for ensuring all general accounting tasks related to the business units within the hub are completed timely, efficiently and accurately. The Regional Financial Manager (‘RFM’) and staff services the VP, Regional Finance Directors and business units as needed. Initially, the RFM Manager will be an integral partner in the consolidation of sites’ finance functions into the Finance Regional Hub (“hub”). In all phases of the hub’s evolution, the RFM provides direct support to the hub and business units that includes, but is not limited to, accounts receivable functions, journal entries, month end and year end closings, cash receipts, payroll liaison, inventory management, accounts payable workflow routing and approvals, adherence to Sarbanes Oxley and F/ARM requirements, assists with budgeting and customer service The RFM is responsible for operational effectiveness, customer service orientation and financial results both for the hub and the business unit. Manages hub accounting staff and business systems.
- Actively involved in the integration of all Hubrelated consolidations and projects for multiple business units – includingmigration and associated communication.
- Develops relationship and provides directsupport to the VP, Regional Finance Directors and staff at business units.
- Mentors and trains hub staff.
- Development and implementation of standardized financial policies and procedures, workflows, tools used across business units and in sync with other field hubs.
- Communicates implementation progress/status.
- Coordinates all general accounting related needsof the hub and sites utilizing hub or SSC staff when appropriate. Anticipatesand resolves complex issues/needs for business units.
- Ensures monthly financial statements are completed timely and accurately.
- Approves invoices, adjustments, journal entries, reconciliations, etc., for specific business units.
- Assist financial analyst team with forecasting as needed.
- Management of accounting staff.
- Manages financial policies and Sarbanes Oxleyrequirements. Coordinates internal andexternal audits.
- Standardizes, streamlines and offers solutionsto manual and/or inefficient processes.
- Ensures processes, staffing levels are in syncwith other field hubs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Performance MeasuresBeyond Implementation
- Business unit satisfaction
- VP & Regional Finance Director satisfaction
- On time and accurate billing and month endreporting
- Audit results
- Operational knowledge
- Staff development and retention
- Accounting Manager
- Strong GAAP/Sarbanes Oxley knowledge
- Financial statement prowess
- Passion for results
- Customer/client orientation
- Strong communication at all levels
- Support multiple business units simultaneously
- Teamwork and team leadership
- Technical skills including Excel, Access, WideOrbit, EDMS, Lawson
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Business degree (BS or MBA) with 5+ years of accounting management experience that includes accounts receivable,accounts payable, cash receipts and general ledger
- Demonstrated customer service
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skillsto work with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in a consolidated financialenvironment
- Big picture perspective and ability to managevision but also the ability to perform the detailed assignments as needed.
- Broadcast and/or publishing media experiencepreferred
- Knowledge of Lawson financial systems
- Travel required
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top