Regional Finance Director
The USA TODAY Network, has an opportunity for a Regional Finance Director. In this role you will work with the Regional President & Publisher and department heads to provide analysis to shape the strategic direction of the organization. The Regional Finance Director is responsible for the integrity and accuracy of the financial statements, fulfilling regional/divisional requests and is a key member of the Gannett Florida operating committee. The Director works closely with executive teams supporting publications in Tallahassee. Strong business acumen and advanced technical skills required. Position reports to the Vice President of Finance – Financial Shared Services. We are a top global digital media company, which reaches more than 100 million people monthly through a powerful network of mobile & publishing properties. Our goal is to re-imagine our traditional media roots. This is achieved by creating innovative products and services that leverage our role as an information provider and reach our customers whenever and wherever.
In this role, you will:
Financial Analysis and Evaluation:
- Provides management with analysis and evaluation of financial operational data and information to make sound and timely managerial decisions.
- Works with a shared services team of analysts to prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly forecasts, annual operating budgets and capital budgets.
Internal Controls and Compliance:
- Protects division assets and ensures compliance with sound accounting procedures.
- Ensures the maintenance of effective internal controls in order to guarantee the protection of assets and the reliability of financial statements.
- Ensures compliance with GAAP and internal accounting policy, Sarbanes Oxley Controls and Gannett’s internal audit standards.
- Works within a financial shared services environment to produce financial statements for Gannett Louisiana and is responsible for accuracy and integrity of financial statements.
Here’s what you need:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting/Finance.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive financial management experience.
- Strong analytical, organization and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in a consolidated financial environment.
- Software proficiency in Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Media industry experience preferred.
Here’s what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
About USA TODAY NETWORK: The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top