USA TODAY NETWORK is seeking a Quantitative Business Analyst (Data Analyst) with a strong blend of analytical and technical skills to develop data-driven insights that will guide strategies and decisions within Gannett’s B2B businesses, which include over 90 local media organizations.
The ideal candidate:
- Will have a passion for understanding data, formulating and testing hypotheses, and creating and improving processes.
- Will be customer-service oriented, with an ability to collaborate cross functionally and with regional and national sales and marketing teams.
- Will be a creative thinker, with strong problem solving capabilities.
- Maintain and enhance current models and tools for Sales and Marketing teams.
- Evaluate, understand and process large data sets from multiple internal and 3rd party data sources.
- Consult with regional and nationwide teams to understand business needs.
- Utilize analytics to develop new insights and identify new Sales and Marketing opportunities.
- Measure, test and learn to deliver increasingly valuable, repeatable and scalable analytic solutions.
- BA/BS degree is required.
- BS in a quantitative field (finance, economics, math, statistics, engineering) plus 2-3 years of experience or training preferred.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and statistical problem solving skills.
- Experience designing, developing and querying relational databases, including strong knowledge of SQL.
- Statistical and data analysis experience using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Data presentation, visualization and/or dashboard development abilities a plus.
- Track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, being detail-oriented, and delivering timely results in a highly organized manner.
- Ability to build strong working relationships and work effectively cross-functionally.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top