Public Service Journalism Fellowship - The Indianapolis Star - Summer 2017 - (IN)
Public Service Journalism Fellowship – The Indianapolis Star Our Children Initiative
The Indianapolis Star is seeking a college student to serve in a public service journalism fellowship for The Star’s Our Children initiative, a program devoted to making Indianapolis the best city in the United States for children.
This fellow will help engage readers and community leaders with Our Children through social media, community events and digital and print storytelling. And he or she will be a conduit to reaching and engaging Central Indiana residents about the needs of children in their community. This person will be part of a team of reporters who are focused on the Our Children initiative.
This fellow will need to be organized, imaginative, motivated, a team player and eager to make an impact on our community through public service journalism. This person will work 20 hours a week.
- Works with the Our Children team to identify and produce content that furthers the Our Children initiative.
- Uses superior social media skills to develop a strategy to digitally promote Our Children, including keeping up to date on new technologies and platforms.
- Works with reporters to identify opportunities for community events and engagement.
- Works with non-profit organizations focused on serving youth to identify and promote volunteer needs.
- Helps explore strategies for engaging with young families and professionals.
- Degree-seeking student currently enrolled at a college or university with a GPA of at least 3.0
- Well organized, detail oriented, adaptable and ﬂexible
- Ability to multi-task and work well in a team environment
- Excellent organizational, analytical and oral and written communication skills
- Previous internship experience is a plus
- Technical skills required for multiple aspects of the role
- Ideal candidates will possess strong Ofﬁce and PC skills.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top