Project Manager / Advertising Solutions – Gannett Digital
Gannett seeks a Project Manager (PM) / Advertising Solutions to join our expanding team.
The Advertising Solutions Project Manager (PM) produces innovative advertising products for Gannett’s digital, mobile and native app platforms. The position oversees the build process of digital ad creatives throughout the design, development and deployment stages resulting in the successful and timely execution of HTML5 ad creatives. The PM is a key liaison and interacts daily with an internal team of designers, developers, project managers and product managers; various stakeholders within Gannett’s sales organizations; and contacts at external advertising agencies and clients. The PM also collaborates with product managers to manage the life cycle of new advertising products – from ideation to execution. Additional responsibilities include documenting requirements and business rules for new advertising products, communicating existing and emerging functionality, identifying ways to streamline processes and serving as a subject matter expert for other departments. The position requires significant customer focus, teamwork, conflict-resolution and time management in order to effectively meet deadlines. The successful candidate is a highly motivated individual who thrives under pressure in a fast-paced digital media environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Oversee HTML5 creative fulfillment throughout conception, design, development, QA and trafficking processes.
- Communicate effectively and provide a high level of customer service to clients through timely response to requests and proactive resolution of potential issues.
- Lead kick off calls with clients, identify and document client needs, set clear and attainable expectations.
- Maintain a comprehensive TO DO list, prioritize workload, ensure all deadlines are met and advertising campaigns launch on time.
- Coordinate with members of Design, Development and Ad Operations team on ad build projects and ensure teams meet their obligations.
- Participate in daily stand up meetings to discuss Ad Solutions team progress.
- Work with product development to manage requirements gathering, prioritization, and implementation of new products across the Gannett divisions and platforms. Ensure products are optimized to meet traffic and revenue goals.
- Bachelors preferred and 2-4 years work experience in digital advertising at a media company, rich media vendor, digital agency, portal or advertising network.
- Minimum 2-4 years previous work experience interacting directly with sales or marketing teams.
- Minimum 2-4 years experience in account or project management (interactive/web project management experience is a significant plus).
- Skills: Photoshop, Keynote, Microsoft: Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word. Understanding of HTML5 development and/or ad serving is a significant plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Outstanding planning and organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic, high pressure and fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to bring differing groups together to solve problems.
- Team player capable of learning quickly, adapting to change, and problem solving.
- Self-starter who is resourceful and comfortable with minimal supervision.
- Experience in client-facing positions. Previous employment at a media company, rich media vendor, or digital creative agency is a significant plus.
Back to top