PROJECT MANAGER- SPORTS MEDIA GROUP
POSITION PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The primary focus of this position is to manage and oversee the execution of major sponsorship programs sold within USA TODAY Sports Media Group. This person will be responsible for managing all facets of sponsorship execution, including but not limited to: cross platform media, custom or sponsored content, promotional ad units, internal/external communication, PR, status reports, timelines, and overall program summaries.
The Project Manager will be responsible for direct client communication via conference calls, emails, in-person meetings, and written status reports. This person will be required to attend client meetings when necessary and be prepared to be the lead voice on meeting agendas, client communication, program status reports, updates, and execution.
In addition to management of sponsorship execution, this person will help develop sponsorship wrap-up reports and will be asked to assist the sales team in up-selling additional elements in a sponsorship program or renewing the program.
Strong organizational skills, communication skills, and relationship building skills are essential. An understanding of multi-media and especially the digital space are also critical. Experience in sports media is a major plus.
The Project Manager should be a strong team player and will be a key strategist to multiple internal teams including account management, sales, ad ops, editorial, video, product, and client solutions.
The position is located in New York City, NY and may require some occasional odd work hours such as Super Bowl Sunday or other weekend dates or nights that are key to sponsorship programs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
The ideal Project Manager candidate should have at least 2 years of project management experience, ideally in a collaborative role within a complex multi-media organization. Specific skills include:
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and proven experience directly managing clients
- Highly collaborative style with ability to influence multiple internal teams to drive towards completion of tasks
- Experience implementing cross-platform sponsorships
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks under time pressure in a fast-paced, high-pressured environment
- Self-starter attitude and ability to work independently
- Sports experience or affinity preferred
- College degree
- 3-5 years previous work experience in a multi-media environment
- 2 years previous work experience in project management
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite, ability to learn internal platforms
ABOUT USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 109 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top