Production - Mailroom Inserter Seasonal
Part-time, temporary position—seasonal. Graveyard hours.
The Distribution Inserter I is responsible for keeping the inserting machine loaded with product. The Inserter I ensures that properly jogged preprints are neatly loaded into 1-2 hoppers simultaneously at a high rate of speed, stacks and straightens papers at the stack-down position and must be able to clear jams quickly and accurately. The Inserter I is also responsible for helping out with paper jogging and in any other area, such as housekeeping, as well as working as a team member. The Inserter I will begin to learn the downstream process. At all times, the Inserter I ensures that all efforts are executed in a manner that upholds the company’s mission statement and core values, while incorporating safe work habits and using proper equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensures that properly jogged preprints are neatly loaded into 1-2 hoppers simultaneously at a high rate of speed (machine speed 12,000 – 20,000 pieces per hour); (70%)
- Stacks and straightens papers at the stack-down position, which must be run through the inserter
- Clears jams quickly and accurately to minimize downtime.
- Helps out with paper jogging and in any other area, which requires help such as housekeeping. (10%)
- Works as a team member to maximize productivity by providing assistance to others as needed.
- Carries out all job duties, incorporating safe work habits and using proper equipment.
- Meets customer service standards for internal and external customers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Dexterity – must be able to jog and feed different shape, size and weight of product accurately at a high rate of speed (machine speed 12,000-18,000 pieces per hour); up to 10 standard pages total.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace when necessary.
Back to top