Times Media, a Gannett Company and an award-winning member of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is seeking a Producer to manage the delivery of content to digital and print platforms.
The producer will work with content strategists, the audience analyst, planning editors, content coaches, reporters and photographers to best display content on all platforms, using a high level of judgment and creativity.
In this role, you will:
- Manage the homepage, story pages and high-traffic landing pages;
- Direct the flow of content, sending breaking news emails and push alerts, adding meta-data information, hyperlinks, images, info boxes, and additional digital content;
- Copy edit content before publishing; and write digital headlines and summaries, taking into account SEO and keyword elements.
Here’s what you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field
- Strong understanding of SEO techniques and social media, and a deep understanding of competition
- Proven planning skills and the ability to interpret audience data is essential
- Strong copy editing and organizational skills are a must
- Proven ability to work quickly, independently and meet deadlines
Here’s what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
About Times Media:
Times Media, a Gannett Co., Inc., is part of the Gannett Co. an international media and marketing solutions company that informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its powerful network of broadcast, digital, mobile and publishing properties. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan.
Times Media is committed to diversity and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment is contingent on passing a pre-employment, post-offer drug screen and background check.
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top