USA TODAY NETWORK is one of the top 20 digital companies in the country, sharing the list with Google, Facebook, and Amazon. And we have over 100 million unique visitors a month, which is more than Buzzfeed, Yahoo News, and Huffington Post. We have a loyal following based on a combination of trusted, fact-checked journalism, paired with a deep commitment to helping our local communities, and constantly pushing our content delivery to be first-of-its-kind in the tech-space. And with over 110 local properties, you’ll have the luxury of living in a community you love while making a national impact. Explore the possibilities as an Principal Developer inside our Product – Core Product Development team.
Full Stack Developer – Principal
Gannett / USA TODAY is seeking an accomplished and passionate Software Developer to join our existing team in Tyson’s Corner VA, contributing to the development of next-generation web platform using cutting-edge technologies. The successful candidate will work closely and collaboratively with the entire product development team during all stages of software development. We offer a fun, challenging, rewarding environment and the opportunity to work together with some of the most talented people in the industry. All Gannett initiatives are extremely high profile and must utilize state of the art technologies.
This principal role will be focused on code review, platform health, and leading projects based on this new platform. This architect role will help define and evolve our overall web platform.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline preferred
- Minimum 7 years of software development experience
- Strong object-oriented design, programming and debugging skills
- Experience with architecting Single Page Applications – working in frameworks like AngularJS, ReactJS, etc.
- Experience with modern CSS approaches such as SASS and OOCSS a plus
- Experience with Web Components and technologies for building them (like Polymer)
- Experience with Golang or equivalent server side technologies
- Experience with client & server side development including consumption of web services
- Experience with Distributed Version Control Systems such as GIT
- Strong debugging skills with the ability to work with peers to solve complex problems
- This position is responsible for the architecture, development, testing, release and support of our web platform.
- Keen attention to detail and quality, complying with Gannett’s high standard of quality
- Work with other developers, designers and product/business managers to develop new features consistent with product roadmap
- Learn and absorb new technologies quickly, be a strong team player and rapidly adapt to changing business and customer demands
- Be innovative, contributing ideas and working with constituents to evaluate and propose approaches that balance speed to market needs against processes needed to scale services to all markets and total audience
- Maintain awareness in technology developments that affect either our audience’s ability to use our products or extend new product potential
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned
- Proactive, innovative, collaborative, and driven to achieve desired results
Top 5 Reasons to work for Gannett
- Fast-Paced, Engaging Projects solve challenging Engineering problems and work with the latest technology every day
- Make an Impact work on an agile Software Development team to create applications used by thousands of clients
- Opportunity play to your strengths or delve into a new technology you would like to learn or both!
- Collaboration team operates like a startup in a collaborative environment, there are no cubicles here
- Work-Life Balance we understand that you have a life outside of work
We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top