Gannett Publishing Services
The Courier-Journal is looking for a Pressroom Supervisor inLouisville, KY.
Assign and supervise work of all press operations employees. Must be able to handle moderate personnel andadministrative functions. Is responsible for supervising, leading and coaching, maintaining equipment, goodcommunication and coordinating operations schedules/functions within the department along with surrounding departments.
Must be quality conscious, able to troubleshoot press related problems, lead a team to produce the best possible product under strict deadlines. Must be a strong leader, professional,courteous and timely in every interaction.
Scope of position can include, but not limited to managing policies and procedures, processes, equipment, and production etc. for newsprint, plate and press, andoccasional packaging department. Must be able to make effective decisions for the welfare of the company and customers while maintaining a safe work environment.
- Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Team building and coaching.
- Supervising tasks and delegating assignments.
- Maintaining production and employee records.
- Ensure production requirements are met.
- Effective communications.
- Must understand press imposition.
- All other duties as assigned by press manager.
- High School.
- Experience and training in a newspaper pressroom.
- Mechanically inclined and full understandingof the printing process.
- Leadership workshops.
- Minimum 5 years on the job training innewspaper press room.
- Experience in a lead or supervisory positionwith strong leadership skills.
- Must understand OSHA guidelines.
- Must have offset press knowledge.
- Ability to coach and lead employees to meetand exceed production standards/goals.
- Team building.
- Computer experience.
- Effective communications.
- All other duties as assigned by press manager
USA TODAY NETWORK is one of the top 20 digital companies inthe country, sharing the list with Google, Facebook, andAmazon. And we have over 100 million unique visitors amonth, which is more than Buzzfeed, Yahoo News, and Huffington Post. Because ourteam consists of over 110 local properties with USA TODAY at the helm, you’llhave the luxury of living in a community you love while making a nationalimpact.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top