Press Operator II-Gannett Publishing Services/Greenville, SC 1
Press Operator II
Gannett Publishing Services
The Greenville News Media Group has a full-time Press Operator I position available. Web offset experience helpful, but willing to consider the right person with a good mechanical aptitude. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Position requires a high level of concentration and diligence to safety procedures and quality issues. This position requires working with ink and water controls, roll tending, press maintenance and quality control. Must be able to work on a multi-level deck.
- Operate an Offset Web Press. This includes set ups, running jobs, monitoring inks, maintenance and repair.
- Be able to troubleshoot when needed.
- Check print quality throughout the shift. Take necessary action to meet quality standards.
- Help make necessary adjustments and repairs to ensure proper operation or the press
- Work safely.
- Be able to enter information in the computer system
- Mechanical aptitude a must
- Operation of a printing press preferred.
- Ability to work well with others
- Able to work any shift including weekends
- Computer experience is helpful
- Able to work alone or with a team
Back to top