Press Operator I - Gannett Publishing Services/Binghamton, NY 1
The Press & Sun-Bulletin, a Gannett company, has a full-time Press Operator position available workin at our production facility in Johnson City. Web offset experience helpful, but willing to consider the right person with a good mechanical aptitude. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Position requires a high level of concentration and diligence to safety procedures and quality issues. This position requires working with ink and water controls, roll tending, press maintenance and quality control. Must be able to work on a multi-level deck.
- Operate an Offset Web Press. This includes set ups, running jobs, monitoring inks, maintenance and repair.
- Be able to troubleshoot when needed.
- Check print quality throughout the shift. Take necessary action to meet quality standards.
- Help make necessary adjustments and repairs to ensure proper operation or the press
- Work safely.
- Be able to enter information in the computer system
- Mechanical aptitude a must
- Operation of a printing press preferred.
- Ability to work well with others
- Able to work any shift including weekends
- Computer experience is helpful
- Able to work alone or with a team
Gannett offers a competitive salary that includes medical, dental, paid time off and a 401(k) Savings Plan.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an international media and marketing solutions company that informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its powerful network of broadcast, digital, mobile and publishing properties. Our portfolio of trusted brands offers marketers unmatched local-to-national reach and customizable, innovative marketing solutions across any platform. Gannett is committed to connecting people – and the companies who want to reach them – with their interests and communities. For more information, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett employees are hired, promoted and rewarded on the basis of talent, performance and dedication. We cannot afford to deprive the company of capable people and will not allow harassment or discrimination based on race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, disability or veteran status.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer
Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Connect on LinkedIn
Back to top