The Gannett Imaging & Ad Design Center, Indianapolis Design- a member of the USA Today Network, is seeking a Prepress Specialist to join our team in providing prepress and customer services needed to produce USA TODAY, USCP and GPS commercial products.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Provide prepress and customer services needed to produce USA TODAY, USCP and GPS commercial products in a timely, accurate manner using prepress pagination, transmission, archiving and other systems. Serve as a resource to customers in helping to assure quality.
- Communicate workflow issues to local print sites and Design Studios using written and verbal technology including Five9, Skype, phone and e-mail.
- Use production/plate system software to accurately check and correct production plans, manage data transmission, troubleshoot and resolve page issues.
- Provide guidance, information and answers to all customers.
- Must be able to work Tuesday-Saturday 5:30 pm-2 am or 8 pm-4:30 am.
Here’s what you need:
- High school diploma
- Experience in a pre-press environment preferred
- Experience in a deadline driven environment
- Above average written and verbal communication skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline driven and a rapidly changing environment
- Proven customer service skills.
- PC skills to include Photoshop and Microsoft Outlook.
Here’s what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
About USA TODAY NETWORK: The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top