Gannett is looking for a Payroll Specialist. Gannett is a media and marketing solutions company with a diverse portfolio of broadcast, digital, mobile and publishing companies. This is a great opportunity to learn and grow within a multi-billion-dollar organization. This position is based in Milwaukee, WI.
- Maintain accurate payroll records including day-to-day adjustments, gross to net calculations, and preparing manual checks using Lawson payroll system. Assist in balancing & reconciling payrolls, sending ACH files to different banks, and printing checks for sites not on FiWare.
- Process payroll for multi-site shares service environment. Assist site locations in troubleshooting payroll issues relating to uploading spreadsheets & resolving error massages pertaining to RT3, Kronos, & other Lawson messages.
- Assist in reconciling 5 Corporate banks & resolving issues associated with ACH reversals, stop payments, refunds, voids, and adjustments. Ensure proper documentation to the expedite reconciliation process.
- Work closely with the GL & Payroll Tax unit in resolving discrepancies in federal & state unemployment insurance. Communicate with sites on employees outside of their tax location to determine if registration is warranted or not.
- Assist in quarterly & year-end preparation, w2 processing, including moving expenses & third-party sick payments.
- 2 – 7 years of payroll experience.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Relative experience working with Microsoft Word & Excel & must be proficient in data entry using desktop keyboard. Ceridian HR/Payroll experience a plus.
- Must have the ability to resolve paycheck issues pertaining to earnings, deductions, & taxes (ee & er). Should have analytical skills to troubleshoot the cause of the problem & the ability to fix it.
- Accuracy & attention to details a must.
- Good verbal & written skills. Strong customer service & analytical skill
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top