Part-Time Customer Support Specialist
Republic Media, a Gannett Co. Inc. company and part of the USA TODAY NETWORK is seeking an innovative, motivated, creative and experienced Part-Time Customer Support Specialist to provide advertising and customer operational support to our customers. You will coordinate, execute and fulfill internal functions as it relates to small business clients and mortuaries and their advertising programs.
We are a consultative media company that provides our customers with a means to deliver their advertising message to the right audience in the most effective way. From digital, print and social media, Republic Media encompasses an array of products including azcentral.com, The Arizona Republic and La Voz.
- Accepts inbound calls and acts as sales backup to the small business team
- Works directly with the funeral homes and families regarding obituary announcements and in memorials
- Provides assistance and support to internal and external contacts in the placement and processing of advertising across multiple platforms (phone, fax, email, self-serve applications, affiliate vendor sites, etc.)
- Provides customer assistance with advertising questions, composition of ad content, deadlines, corrections, payments and adjustments within prescribed limits of authority
- Creates sales solutions and presents advertising packages using value selling principles and techniques
- Assists with coverage to the front counter offices
- Posts advertising and circulation payments, responds to customer emails, photo processing, cash balancing, etc.
- Works closely with Finance in handling/resolving customer complaints and inquiries
- Verifies and releases ads for standards of acceptance, HUD guidelines, and copy control
- Performs a variety of clerical duties for example, photocopying, faxing, filing, and data entry
- May occasionally work at other company locations to fill in for vacancies, vacations, and various leaves
- G.E.D./High School Diploma and/or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-2 Sales, customer service, office/clerical or similar type of experience. Cashiering experience helpful
- Account service and/or customer service experience in media industry is preferred
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Here’s what we have to offer:
We offer a competitive base salary with career growth opportunities. We also offer you a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays, employee discount program and domestic partner benefits. Our 401(k) is topnotch and contributions you make, up to the first 5% eligible for a 100% Company match!
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Connect with us on LinkedIn
Back to top