Paper Handler-Gannett Publishing Services/Des Moines, IA
Gannett Publishing Services
Des Moines, IA
Responsible for the moving of newsprint rolls and the acceptance of other merchandise as received for the facility. Preparation of the rolls for various press runs and newsprint waste and/or recycling materials.
Key Job Functions
- Unload newsprint rolls and insert skids and other merchandise from trucks into the warehouse.
- Move newsprint rolls to press lay down area.
- Open newsprint rolls and strip off damage.
- Clean and organize newsprint staging area, warehouse and waste paper area. Skid and compact various typed of waste newsprint (printed and unprinted) for recycling.
Education, Related Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous warehouse experience preferred.
Some computer skills necessary as the newsprint inventory and handling system is computer based.
Back to top