Packaging Operator IV
Under the direction of packaging management & supervisors—the Packaging Operator IV is assigned to perform post press related packaging tasks that may include, but are not limited to: Lead operator; delivery dock oversight; product staging; equipment set-up; and advanced operation of: Inserters, joggers, conveyors, stackers, folders, strappers, bottom wrap machines, loaders, printers, address labelers, adhesive advertising applicators, scales, pallet jacks, fork trucks, and stitch & trim binding equipment. Additional duties include assisting with specified reporting and general work center maintenance.
The primary objective is to support efficient production operations as needed to achieve & maintain on-time production, product quality standards, low waste, and operational safety.
Under the direction of lead operators or supervisors—works as part of a packaging crew to coordinate overall post-press operations during a designated shift.
- Report to scheduled shifts on-time and ready to begin work
- Work as a team to achieve & maintain on-time press performance
- Work as a team to achieve & maintain product quality standards
- Work as a team to meet waste goals
Assist with packaging center operations & oversight as assigned
- May provide hands-on lead operator oversight for the following shift functions:
- Shift make ready: Verification of preprint insertion schedules & zoning; product staging; coordinating packaging center and/or specific workstation resources; communication with press, distribution and other departments as required
- Equipment set-up & advanced operation may include: Inserters, joggers, conveyors, stackers, folders, strappers, bottom wrap machines, loaders, printers, address labelers, adhesive advertising applicators, scales, pallet jacks, fork trucks, and stitch & trim binding equipment
- General packaging maintenance includes—but is not limited to: Equipment blowdown, sweeping floors, and pallet & packaging related materials disposal
- Assist with packaging reports & web portal data entry
- Packaging Operator training & develop support
- Always work in a safe manner, and consistently utilize required safety equipment
- Complete required annual OSHA safety training programs: Lockout/Tagout, HazComm, Personal Protective Equipment, Hearing Conservation, Blood borne Pathogen, Forklift
- Ensure all machine safety-guards are installed, functioning properly, and in use
- Constant housekeeping to maintain neat and organized work spaces
- Promote top-of-mind safety awareness
- Immediately report all operational concerns and/or potential safety hazards to the shift supervisor and/or packaging management
Immediately report all injuries to the shift supervisor and/or packaging management
- Provide timely & accurate information to the shift supervisor as required
- Immediately report equipment issues
- Communicate scheduling needs to supervisors and/or packaging management
Productively respond to change and complete other tasks as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Good verbal & written communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Prior printing experience
Must be able to use a PC/email/Excel
Back to top