Packaging and Operations Coordinator
The Pacific Daily News, a member of the USA Today network and the premier media and media- solutions company on Guam, is seeking a qualified Packaging and Operations Coordinator.
The Packaging and Operations Coordinator provides general support to both the mailroom and circulation departments. This position is responsible coordinating crews and production runs to provide efficiently inserted packages in the paper, quality packaging and delivery of custom publications and assisting the Operations Supervisor in the distribution of bundles to delivery drivers and carriers.
Job responsibilities include:
- assigning jobs and schedules and start crews
- determining press orders and bundle sizes
- verifying staff hours
- preparing daily equipment reports
- interfacing with pressroom, advertising and circulation departments.
We are looking for applicants with:
- exceptional organizational skills,
- working knowledge of packaging operations, inserters, stackers, palletized, tying machine, ink jet equipment, labeling machinery.
- Excellent communication skills,
- the ability to work well with a diverse staff
- the ability to work under pressure and meet production deadlines.
- The ability to repetitively stoop, bend and walk to distribute newspapers, push and pull carts loaded with newspapers and repetitively lift newspaper bundles weighing up to 50 pounds are essential requirements of the job.
ABOUT US: The Pacific Daily News is a member of the USA Today network. The USA Today network a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, we touch the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties.
The Pacific Daily News is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top