Operations Coordinator - Wilmington
The Operations Coordinator provides general support for the circulation department by handling many of the department’s day to day operational needs. This position is responsible for a variety of tasks and responsibilities within home delivery, but tasks may also include single copy and non-daily distribution areas. The Operations Coordinator job duties may entail but are not limited to: preparing paper work, distribution center coverage, distributing daily and non-daily products to independent contractors, clearing outside drop locations and distribution centers, weekly total market coverage product delivery verification, redelivery to retail sales locations, and assisting in the delivery of nondaily and core products to consumers and retailers. This individual will conduct themselves in accordance with company policies and procedures; ensure quality customer service and professional representation when dealing with customers, retailers or the general public; use sound judgment and discretion at all times.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for distribution and handling of daily and non-daily products to carriers, retailers and consumers. This position may also assist with delivering open routes for home delivery, running shortages, delivering missed newspapers, retailer merchandising checks, etc. as well as disseminating information to circulation management regarding any carrier or product issues for the day.
- On some occasions, utilize computer systems such as Genesys and RouteSmart.
- Keep distribution centers clean and safe, picking up trash and debris in and around the distribution area daily.
- Assist bundle haulers and carriers with questions and problems in the absence of a company manager.
- Assist home delivery staff in all aspects of running the distribution area in a safe and efficient manner.
- Responsible for reporting to management any issues relating to the distribution center and/or daily activities for the distribution center such as, contractor pick up times and product quality issues.
- Conduct weekly Total Market Coverage product verifications by following the established verification process.
- Ensure adherence to all returns reporting and verification guidelines.
- Expected to meet regular attendance goals of the company, relate well with their employees and managers, and perform according to company expectations.
- Maintain a professional, courteous manner when dealing with contractors and customers.
- Performs all other duties and special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Experience on the job to perform satisfactorily: 3 months
- Good time management skills with the ability to perform assigned tasks efficiently and safely.
- Neat, clean appearance conforming to department policy.
- Has reliable vehicle that may be used to perform duties.
- Ability to read maps, route manifests and conduct route verification of non-daily product delivery.
- Ability to communicate with contractors, co-workers, company staff, retailers, and customers.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work and/or drive in all weather environments and conditions.
- Ability to effectively receive and relay information and instructions.
- Ability to repetitively stoop, bend and walk to distribute newspapers. May push and pull carts loaded with newspapers and repetitively lift newspaper bundles weighing between 10-20 pounds.
- Ability to coordinate several tasks simultaneously within a fast paced environment.
- Ability to function with minimum direct supervision.
- Minimum age requirement of 18 years of age and must have a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, a good driving record and must be able to use own vehicle to perform these duties.
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top