Operations Coordinator, Gannett Publishing Services/Chillicothe, OH 1
Chillicothe Gazette, part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is looking for a dynamic individual to joing our Team as an Operations Coordinator.
The Operations Coordinator provides general support for the circulation department by handling many of the department’s day to day operational needs. This position is responsible for a variety of tasks and responsibilities within home delivery, single copy and non-daily distribution areas. The Operations Coordinator job duties can entail but are not limited to: preparing paper work, distribution center coverage, distributing daily and non-daily products to independent contractors, weekly total market coverage product delivery verification, redelivery to retail sales locations, return and rack collections, loading or unloading trucks and assisting in the delivery of non daily and core products to consumers and retailers. This individual will conduct themselves in accordance with company policies and procedures; ensure quality customer service and professional representation when dealing with customers, retailers or the general public; use sound judgment and discretion at all times.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for distribution and handling of daily and non-daily products to carriers, haulers, retailers and consumers. This position may also assist with delivering down routes for home delivery and single copy, running shortages, delivering missed newspapers, retailer merchandising checks, etc. as well as disseminating information to circulation management regarding any carrier or product issues for the day.
- Unload and load trucks containing various print publ ications in bundles, carts and pallets.
- Opening the Distribution Center and preparing the DC for the independent contractor arrival by printing, preparing and distributing specified reports and paperwork such as carrier bundle tops, vacation packs, and carrier supplies.
- Utilize computer systems such as Genesys and RouteSmart.
- Must be able to maintain accuracy while setting up carts and handing print products to bundle haulers and carriers (including correct distribution by zones, accounting for spoils, service copies, and extra copies).
- Keep distribution centers clean and safe, picking up trash and debris in and around the distribution area daily.
- Assist bundle haulers and carriers with questions and problems in the absence of a company manager.
- Assist home delivery staff in all aspects of running the distribution area in a safe and efficient manner.
- Responsible for reporting to management any issues relating to the distribution center and/or daily activities for the distribution center such as, contractor pick up times and product quality issues.
- Maintain and restock supplies for contractors’ use.
- Responsible for mailing all newspapers daily and/or pickup mail from the post office daily.
- Conduct weekly Total Market Coverage product verifications by following the established verification process
- Ensure all returns reporting and verification guidelines are met and adhered to.
- Ensure that vending outlets are managed, establish and track maintenance for all locations.
- Distribute point of purchase materials including racks cards, stack cards, bundle hangars, corner cards, or other items as directed.
- Maintains and repairs news racks throughout the designated distribution area.
- Ensure safe operating of company vehicles. Ensure that the Gannett Safety Module for trucking is in place and adhered to. Report any issues with company owned vehicles to supervisor. Re-fuel, check oil, add routine fluids and provide basic cleanliness to vehicles.
- Expected to meet regular attendance goals of the company, relate well with other employees and managers, perform according to company expectations.
- Responsible for personal safety and the completion of periodic safety training.
- Maintain a professional, courteous manner when dealing with contractors and customers.
- Performs all other duties and special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Experience on the job to perform satisfactorily: 3 months
- Good time management skills with the ability to perform assigned tasks efficiently and safely.
- Neat, clean appearance conforming to department policy.
- Has reliable vehicle that may be used to perform duties.
- Ability to read maps, route manifests and conduct route verification of non-daily product delivery.
- Ability to communicate with contractors, co-workers, company staff, retailers, and customers.
- Ability to accurately count and use basic math skills..
- Ability to work varied days, hours and shifts from week to week including weekends and holidays as needed
- Ability to work and/or drive in all weather environments and conditions.
- Ability to effectively receive and relay information and instructions.
- Ability to repetitively stoop, bend and walk to distribute newspapers. Will push and pull carts loaded with newspapers and repetitively lift newspaper bundles weighing between 10-20 pounds.
- Ability to establish standards and maintain collection schedule accurately within time deadlines.
- Ability to coordinate several tasks simultaneously within a fast paced environment.
- Ability to function with minimum direct supervision.
- Minimum age requirement of 18 years of age and must have a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, a good driving record and must be able to use own vehicle to perform these duties.
What we Offer:
As a part of the USA Today Network, the nation’s largest media and marketing solutions company, we offer a dynamic, community-focused environment where individuals are rewarded for exceptional performance. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including health care, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid vacation time, personal and sick leave, and tuition reimbursement. Pre-employment drug testing and background screening are required.
USA TODAY NETWORK, owned by Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top