Gannett Publishing Services has an immediate opening for a part-time Operations Coordinator, scheduled to work 35 hours per week, in the Circulation Department located at the Lancaster Eagle-Gazette.
The Operations Coordinator provides general support for the circulation department by handling many of the department’s day to day operational needs. This position is responsible for a variety of tasks within home delivery, single copy and non-daily distribution areas.
The Operations Coordinator job duties can entail but are not limited to:
- Preparing paper work
- Distribution center coverage
- Distributing daily and non-daily products to independent contractors
- Product delivery verification
- Redelivery to retail sales locations
- Return collections
- Loading or unloading trucks and assisting in the delivery of non-daily and core products to consumers and retailers
- Ensure quality customer service and professional representation when dealing with customers, retailers or the general public
- Use sound judgment and discretion at all times.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Forklift training or certification (ability to be trained)
- Must have reliable vehicle, valid Ohio driver’s license and proof of minimum liability insurance coverage.
- Typing and ability to utilize computer systems
- Ability to read and follow driving directions to ensure down/open routes can be delivered timely and with minimal errors.
- Ability to accurately count and use basic math skills.
- Ability to work varied days, hours and shifts,including weekends and holidays
- Ability to work and/or drive in all weather environments and conditions.
- Self-starter with good time management and communication skills.
- Ability to repetitively stoop, bend and walk to distribute newspapers. Will push and pull carts loaded with newspapers and repetitively lift newspaper bundles weighing between 10–20 pounds.
The core hours are Monday – Friday mornings from 3:30 AM – 11 AM, Saturday 4:00 AM – 10:00 AM, and Sunday 4:00 – 11:30 AM.
What we offer: As a part of Gannett Co., Inc., we offer a dynamic, community-focused environment where individuals are rewarded for exceptional performance. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including health care, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid vacation time, personal and sick leave, and tuition reimbursement. Pre-employment drug testing and background screening are required.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
About Media Network of Central Ohio:
Media Network of Central Ohio operates newspapers, websites and digital marketing services in 10 markets across central Ohio.
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top