Operations Coordinator- 3rd Shift
Supports the distribution and allocation process of the daily and Sunday Muncie Star and other publications with regards to single copy papers, mainsheets, advance sections, product samples, delivery supplies and single copy equipment that are to be delivered by agents or transportation contractors.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Supports the distribution and allocation process to agents, contract haulers and transportation contractors to ensure the manifested volumes of single copy papers, mainsheets, advance section, product samples, delivery supplies and single copy equipment are distributed as manifested. This can include the actual loading/unloading of distribution carts, pallets, or bundles of newspapers on trucks or to agents to supporting on-time distribution process. From time to time maybe called on to operate a motorized or manual pallet jack.
- Communicates verified shortages and overages the Logistic Coordinator for follow-up instructions.
- Completes and submits all load verification reports as required for single copy or home delivery products as required.
- Notifies manager of any improper behavior by agents or transportation contractors.
- Special assignments or duties as assigned by the Logistics Coordinator.
- Helps to maintain the appearance and order of the transportation dock area and single distribution site.
- Notifies management of the late agents and agent papers waiting to be delivered – in emergencies may be called on to support the single copy zone manager abandon route deliveries.
- From time to time may be assigned to support or fill in as an operations coordinator at distribution centers to complete necessary daily operations.
- Good verbal communication skills
- Must be flexible to work any schedule
- Solid basic math skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Certified motorized pallet jack operator
- Dependable transportation is a must and a non-restricted valid driver’s license.
- High School Diploma or GED
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top