Newspaper Website Producer
Statesman Journal Media is looking for a talented, energetic, digitally-savvy news producer to join our team. This producer will be responsible for a variety of tasks including copy editing, digital story enhancement and programming for the No. 1 news source in the Salem area. This person must be as fast learner and understand urgency, but still possess the talent to ensure our content is accurate, concise and relevant to our audience.
In this role, you will:
- Copy edit stories for digital and print products
- Be the primary liaison with designers and page editors responsible for producing the daily print product
- Work with reporters on ways to enhance their digital storytelling
- Manage the StatesmanJournal.com website and social media presences
- Use metrics and other analytics to drive your decisions
Here’s what you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, or degree and relevant experience
- Experience as a copy editor or producer for a newspaper or magazine
- Extremely organized with exceptional time management skills
- Excellent copy editing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Social media expertise
- Understanding of digital metrics
About the Statesman Journal:
The Statesman Journal is proud to be a part of The USA Today Network. We are an energetic and fast-paced media company with a news team committed to covering the Mid-Valley (Willamette Valley) in Oregon. If you’re looking for a rewarding challenge, the Statesman Journal is the place to be.
The USA Today Network, or Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI), is an international media and marketing solutions company that informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its powerful network of broadcast, digital, mobile and publishing properties. Our portfolio of trusted brands offers marketers unmatched local-to-national reach and customizable, innovative marketing solutions across any platform. We are committed to connecting people – and the companies who want to reach them – with their interests and communities. For more information, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top