Newspaper Web Producer
The Pacific Daily News, a member of the USA Today network and the premier media and media solutions company on Guam, is seeking a qualified part-time Producer to manage the delivery of content to digital and print platforms with an ability to work quickly, independently and meet deadlines.
In this role, you will:
- Manage the home page, story pages and high-traffic landing pages. Send breaking news emails and push alerts, adding hyperlinks, images, info boxes and other elements. Write headlines and summaries.
- Manage social media, including Facebook, Twitter and Snapchat.
- Package content for print and digital publication.
- Edit content for clarity, fairness, legality, spelling, grammar, punctuation and style.
- Use metrics to make informed content placement decisions.
- Manage workflow to meet deadlines.
- Provide great customer service, helping readers find answers and solutions.
Signs you may be a great fit for the job:
- You graduated with a bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism or a related field, or you have the equivalent in experience and education
- You understand SEO techniques, social media and how to engage fan base on digital platforms
- You have digital production, decision-making and organization skills and can multi-task and under deadline pressure.
- You are self-motivated and self-directed
- You possess industry knowledge and demonstrate core journalism skills (reporting, producing and editing) including mastery of writing, spelling, grammar, AP and local style
- You are known for your effective communication; able to get along with diverse personalities and thrive in and embrace peer-to-peer feedback and trainin
ABOUT US: The Pacific Daily News is a member of the USA Today network. The USA Today network a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, we touch the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties.
The Pacific Daily News is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top