News - Digital Producer II
Des Moines Register Media, a Gannett Company, has an opening for a Producer to manage the delivery of content to digital and print platforms.
The producer will work with content strategists, the audience analyst, planning editors, content coaches, reporters and photographers to best display content on all platforms, using a high level of judgment and creativity.
In this role, you will:
- Manage social media accounts for the Des Moines Register and Iowa City Press-Citizen.
- Manage the homepage, story pages and high-traffic landing pages;
- Direct the flow of content, sending breaking news emails and push alerts, adding meta-data information, hyperlinks, images, info boxes, and additional digital content;
- Copy edit content before publishing; and write digital headlines and summaries, taking into account SEO and keyword elements.
- Work in concert with designers to produce high-quality print editions.
Here’s what you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field
- Strong understanding of SEO techniques and social media, and a deep understanding of competition
- Proven planning skills and the ability to interpret audience data is essential
- Strong copy editing and organizational skills are a must
- Proven ability to work quickly, independently and meet deadlines
- Flexibility to work evening hours and weekends
Here’s what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
About The Des Moines Register:
Register Media, a Gannett Co., Inc., and member of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is Iowa’s prominent media company, reaching readers across the state with our daily Des Moines Register editions, our award-winning DesMoinesRegister.com website and various non-daily publications. We are part of the Gannett Co. an international media and marketing solutions company that informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its powerful network of broadcast, digital, mobile and publishing properties.
Register Media is committed to diversity and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment is contingent on passing a pre-employment, post-offer drug screen and background check.
Des Moines is Iowa’s rapidly growing capital city, with a downtown in the midst of a building boom. There’s also a downtown sculpture garden and skating rink, Riverwalk and recreational trails that connect with others Central Iowa trails, and a blossoming urban neighborhood of lofts, shops and restaurants. Des Moines remains a comfortably sized metro area with reasonable commutes.
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of Gannett's Employees
Sr. Designer, Product
Marianne designs the visual interface for digital applications at Gannett. She ensures news readers around the world have the most engaging and intuitive experience possible.
Back to top